Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Would you book hotels on a maybe?

Iím desperate to do some sort of west coast trip next year although DH is very reluctant to book anything😢, flight prices are good over Easter although ideally summer holidays would be best, so Iím considering booking some hotels on the off chance we can go, would book with free cancellation and pay later option, would anyone else do this?🙄 DH will think Iím nuts though!

Edited at 07:17 PM.
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I have already!
Iíve booked flights through my local travel agent to Seattle & San Francisco with small deposit. Theyíre allowing up to 3 free amendments & giving deposits back up till 10 weeks before travelling if you decide not to go, so itís a no brainer! Iíve booked my hotels through booking.com on free cancellation with no probs the reason Iíve not booked those with the TA was they couldnít get a certain room I was after but they were fine with me booking them myself.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I have already!
Iíve booked flights through my local travel agent to Seattle & San Francisco with small deposit. Theyíre allowing up to 3 free amendments & giving deposits back up till 10 weeks before travelling if you decide not to go, so itís a no brainer! Iíve booked my hotels through booking.com on free cancellation with no probs the reason Iíve not booked those with the TA was they couldnít get a certain room I was after but they were fine with me booking them myself.
Thatís the answer I wanted😂, I think Iíll go ahead and book some and it will give me some hope at least.
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have already.. (but havenít told my wife).

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Orlando. 2012 Orlando, Gulf and Keys.2015 New York, Washington, Orlando. 2017 Pensacola, Destin,Tampa, Orlando, Daytona.
2018 California N to S. Trip report.. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 East Coast, Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples. Trip report..
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302

And the future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I have already.. (but havenít told my wife).
Also might not tell my husband😂😂
Old 29 Aug 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

No, I wouldnít (sorry I realise thatís not the answer you want)

I realise there is no cash at risk but... is there any point if you arenít 80% sure youíll go? And I definitely wouldnít do it without discussing and agreeing with my husband.
Old 30 Aug 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
Imagineer

Yes I'm in the process of re-booking our cancelled trip for next year for same accommodations. All free cancellation and nothing paid, via Quidco too.
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
No, I wouldnít (sorry I realise thatís not the answer you want)

I realise there is no cash at risk but... is there any point if you arenít 80% sure youíll go? And I definitely wouldnít do it without discussing and agreeing with my husband.
No worries itís good to have different opinions😀
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes, I also have some accommodation booked for our West Coast/Hawaii trip next March, fully cancellable until 48 hours before. It was such a good deal!
🤞 it goes ahead

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Yes, I also have some accommodation booked for our West Coast/Hawaii trip next March, fully cancellable until 48 hours before. It was such a good deal!
🤞 it goes ahead
Thanks for reply, Iíve gone ahead and booked 2 hotels so far at great prices😀