Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

VS new A350 aircraft

I see on the news VS had delivered yesterday (I think) a new A350. These are great aircraft. It is gong to be serving the Barbados and as we can currently fly there and back (without quarantine just a test which is easy to sort) I am really tempted to escape for a few weeks but never been to Caribbean since I was a child. Great to see VS flying high again tho 👍🙏
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I am tempted to book it for Xmas if my Florida holiday is off which is looking likely.
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
MF. Good find, well done. Plus a nice bit of good news for a change.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
MF. Good find, well done. Plus a nice bit of good news for a change.
From an email so credit to Head for Points (I cant find a hyper link)

Virgin Atlantic puts an A350, with the new Upper Class suite, onto Barbados
Barbados is one of the positive spots on the Virgin Atlantic network at the moment.

Not only is it a popular Winter destination, but there are no restrictions on travel for UK residents, apart from the need for a negative covid test result. You do not need to quarantine on your return to the UK either.

I’m not sure that word has got out, however. I had no trouble booking 4 x Upper Class reward seats over October half-term for my family, as a back-up plan in case the UAE quarantine rule is not lifted.

From 14th December to 30th April, Virgin Atlantic is now planning to operate an A350 on this route. This means that you will get the new Upper Class suite, pictured above, instead of the old-style A330-300 seat which we will getting in October.

If you are looking at options for a Winter getaway, this is well worth a look.

And if you need somewhere to stay ….
Travelzoo is offering an excellent hotel deal at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion at the moment – see here and the image below. You save over 50% and suites are included. I stayed here about 15 years ago and it is on a lovely stretch of beach. The voucher is fully refundable if you end up not going. Click here to learn more.

Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados
Click here to read the comments on this article.

And this I saw on FB

travelingformiles/virgin...a350-aircraft/

Edited at 09:55 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Barbados is gorgeous MF. I think you should treat yourself.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

instagram/p/CE9f4FyB...d=a056o418mzia

This is a photo of the new VS A350 Ruby Slipper delivered this week
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post

It’s the A350 that has the narrow PE seats isn’t it? Only just wider than economy by an inch/inch and a half
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
It’s the A350 that has the narrow PE seats isn’t it? Only just wider than economy by an inch/inch and a half
Yes Dot, A350-1000 PE seat width was reduced from 21" to 18.5", pitch remains at 38". Economy width is 17.4". UC seat width reduced from 22" to 20".

Virgins A330-300 currently have the original width of 21" in PE and 22" in UC, A330-300 planned refits per A350 dimensions may now be on the back boiler for a while.

Virgin were expecting 4 of the 12 ordered A350's by 2019 years end, one began flying on the 10th Sept on the LHR to JFK route.

Dot, seat width on the four former Air Berlin A330-200's that Virgin operate is 17.7" (same as economy), pitch 36", to us that's an extra leg room seat, not Premium. Pre-Covid Virgin predominantly operated the 200 series from Man Airport.
Old 11 Sep 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I flew on an VS A350 from LAX earlier this year (infact January) and posted some photos I believe - the UC seat is far superior and more spacious than previous layouts (and I have flown them all extensively) as its a sort of Demi cabin (certainly by the window - I had 1A) and the 2 seats together would offer a much better option for a couple flying than current J configuration , the only (slight) downside for me is I missed the bar the the lounge/The Loft area was not as inviting for solo passengers to sit and talk With CC or strangers and infact was hardly used by anyone on my night flight back to UK
Old 11 Sep 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Yes Dot, A350-1000 PE seat width was reduced from 21" to 18.5", pitch remains at 38". Economy width is 17.4". UC seat width reduced from 22" to 20".

Virgins A330-300 currently have the original width of 21" in PE and 22" in UC, A330-300 planned refits per A350 dimensions may now be on the back boiler for a while.

Virgin were expecting 4 of the 12 ordered A350's by 2019 years end, one began flying on the 10th Sept on the LHR to JFK route.

Dot, seat width on the four former Air Berlin A330-200's that Virgin operate is 17.7" (same as economy), pitch 36", to us that's an extra leg room seat, not Premium. Pre-Covid Virgin predominantly operated the 200 series from Man Airport.
Thanks for the info, think I’ll try and avoid the A350 if I want to fly PE, my bum will be more comfortable in an economy seat with movable armrests than a fixed arm narrow PE seat😂😂😂

Looking at the LHR to SFO/LAX route which is where we want to go next year the 787 is still being used for some flights each day so we’ll try for that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List