Notices

Old 8 Oct 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Government Planning 5 Huge Vaccine Sites For December

Leaked reports out today suggest Government thinks it will be giving out the vaccine by December or maybe even late next month.

5 huge sites planned- one in London, Leeds and Hull they know so far.

Physioís and even chiropodists will be giving vaccine.

Army drafted in to sort out.
Old 8 Oct 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Very Serious Dibber

I was in a meeting with my clinical director who had recieved an e-mail from her boss to say practices ( GP) should start preparing for the delivery of a covid vaccine from November- care homes and care home staff first. Sounds very encouraging- fingers crossed ( Iím in Sheffield by the way).
Old 8 Oct 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
I was in a meeting with my clinical director who had recieved an e-mail from her boss to say practices ( GP) should start preparing for the delivery of a covid vaccine from November- care homes and care home staff first. Sounds very encouraging- fingers crossed ( Iím in Sheffield by the way).
Assuming the vaccine works well on the elderly, get those in care homes vaccinated, then the over 70s with health conditions and the death rate will drop like a stone.
From the governmentsí perspective that could then actually vindicate a lock down and harsher measures strategy.
Iíve said before that ironically the vaccine coming early has enabled harsher restrictions which would be intolerable if, for example, a vaccine was 5 years away.

Edited at 08:43 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We seem to be getting close to an official announcement . Leaking the info early seems to be the approach taken now. What a brilliant end to the year if the vaccine is a success. Thanks for the update.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. Good post. I have said from Day 1 the Military need to be in charge of the planning for all issues like this.

'Can do people' who deliver.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Please let this be happening. We are in the North West and it's getting much worse here. Both our sons have said there are so many cases in the government offices where they work it's really starting to hit home what a long haul we could be in for
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Excited about Disney

I posted a thread a few days ago but took it down on the advice of some fellow dibbers. Plans in place for many test centres. If you saw my post I don't have anything new to add just yet but will try to provide as much info as I can without being too specific
rudie111 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rudie111 View Post
I posted a thread a few days ago but took it down on the advice of some fellow dibbers. Plans in place for many test centres. If you saw my post I don't have anything new to add just yet but will try to provide as much info as I can without being too specific
I thought of your posts when I saw this, this morning.
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rudie111 View Post
I saw your posts, why did you take it down? It's your choice to post not others.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
VIP Dibber

Beth_Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can't be too specific either but heard something from a very trusted source a little while ago that would back-up this time scale for that roll-out. I hadn't heard that the army were co-ordinating it but I think I recall they were involved in setting up and managing our local Nightingale Hospital so that makes sense.

People within my organisation that can't usually legally administer vaccinations under the current legal framework are already being trained up and office based staff that can legally administer but aren't in clinical roles (myself included). Our bosses are planning to offer our services to support with a mass vaccination effort (flu or COVID) which suggests to me that there are some plans for a roll-out and there are changes to legislation on the cards so that more people can administer.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List