Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Mar 16, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Darwen Bird
Imagineer

How do you seperate your laundry?

Following on from the "how many washing baskets" thread it is obvious that some Dibber families generate a lot more washing than others. This got me thinking about how I sort and seperate my laundry and how (or if) I do it differently from other Dibbers. It's a bit sad but I'm rather proud of my laundry skills - my colours never fade and my whites stay white (without extra enhancement) and clothes don't get stretched or misshapen.

So, this is how I seperate my laundry;
  1. Whites & lights
  2. Reds & purples
  3. Greens and green tones
  4. Black & dark

I wash towels seperately from other washing (seperated in the same categories, although we only really have white or red toned towels). Bedding also gets washed seperately from everything else.

So, how do you sort your laundry?
Darwen Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I'm really bad at it, and separate as follows
Whites & towels
Everything else

I don't iron much either ...

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rach86
Very Serious Dibber

I do whites , colours and darks. Bedding separate as I out on higher wash x
Old 6 Mar 16, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Easy here: white shirts... everything else.

Though the bedding gets done separately since it fills the washer and gets put on at 90.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by Darwen Bird View Post
Following on from the "how many washing baskets" thread it is obvious that some Dibber families generate a lot more washing than others. This got me thinking about how I sort and seperate my laundry and how (or if) I do it differently from other Dibbers. It's a bit sad but I'm rather proud of my laundry skills - my colours never fade and my whites stay white (without extra enhancement) and clothes don't get stretched or misshapen.

So, this is how I seperate my laundry;
  1. Whites & lights
  2. Reds & purples
  3. Greens and green tones
  4. Black & dark

I wash towels seperately from other washing (seperated in the same categories, although we only really have white or red toned towels). Bedding also gets washed seperately from everything else.

So, how do you sort your laundry?
I thought everyone did it this way! Obs not!
Old 6 Mar 16, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Whites
Darks
Bedding and towels
Old 6 Mar 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

There's only 2 of us so I separate ours into - can go into the tumble dryer and can't go into the tumble dryer. Easy. I even have a laundry basket with 2 sections so it gets pre-sorted.
Whites go in a separate basket and I hardly ever need to do a white wash and bed linen gets done separately too.
When we've got back from holiday I split darks, lights and tumble dryer (underwear, socks, towels) into 3 baskets in the lounge and it's then I know the holiday is over
I'm also naughty and take anything that needs ironing to 'the ironing man' I really hate ironing so that's one of my little treats. I used to pretend to do it myself but don't bother to hide it anymore!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
bsquared
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have three baskets on the landing, lights, brights and dark as I got fed up of going from room to room to see if there was enough of a certain type for washing. Works well and even the 6 year old can sort his washing (often better than his dad or his 17 year old brother! )
bsquared is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

Whites
Towels & T towels
Darks including jeans
Mixed coulors
Lights
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 16, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Im pretty basic
I have whites vs everything else together!

I dont care about towels etc as they all go on the same wash setting on my machine and then after that they all get bunged in the tumble anyway.

But to be honest Scott & i purposely dont buy white clothes so it is incredibly rare we ever have to do a white load unless he needs a white shirt!
He used to have white work shirts but I literally jumped for joy when he now has blue!
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread