Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Badelia
I have Ears

Something odd with Tui dates

Hi, pre-covid we booked a package with Tui staying at Cabana Bay and flying from B'ham for 14 nights for August 2021. Covid then hit and we thought there was no way we would get to go, but now there is a glimmer of hope I've noticed that Tui only offer 11 day holidays from the date we are supposed to fly out on. Anyone else booked 14 days to discover the website says 11 days only? I've had no notification regarding this from Tui, so hoping it's a blip and all will be well by the time my balance is due.
Badelia is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Could it just be that the return flight on the 14 days is sold out?
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

Hello, how exciting that things are looking to be back on track!

When you have seen the 11 nights is this for your booking or just what you have seen when looking at it like you are booking a new holiday?

It could just be that the inbound flight for the 14 nights has sold out now and thats why it's not coming up if you are looking at it as a new booking! If not I'd definitley give them a little call and see what they're saying about that!

Hope it gets sorted!
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Badelia
I have Ears

Ah yes, this would make sense. I'm looking at it like it's a new booking. All hotels in Orlando come up as an 11 night stay only, so I wondered if Tui had pulled the plug on the return date. Fingers crossed we still get 14 days if we ever get out there (starting to feel a bit more hopeful)
Badelia is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We were meant to go to Tenerife at Xmas but didn’t fancy the testing so changed it to stay at universal late august 2022. I was telling a friend about it and went online to find a price for her and now it shows out flights from BHX only going on Mondays and Thursdays yet we are meant to fly on Saturday and back on Tuesday! I queried it and was told my flights are still going ahead but it’s all very odd!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We were meant to go to Tenerife at Xmas but didn’t fancy the testing so changed it to stay at universal late august 2022. I was telling a friend about it and went online to find a price for her and now it shows out flights from BHX only going on Mondays and Thursdays yet we are meant to fly on Saturday and back on Tuesday! I queried it and was told my flights are still going ahead but it’s all very odd!
I seem to have the same problem as you!
& started a post about it today
Did you find anything out about your Saturday flight please?
We booked a Saturday flight (& package holiday) for April 2022
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

That definitley just sounds like the return flight has sold out

Have you spoken to them since you noticed this though? I've got a holiday booked with them to so I'm going to keep an eye on our booking just in case anything gets changed!
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
FRANKLIN
Helping Mickey

I’ve had the same, rebooked on flights out of Newcastle on the Sunday 22nd August and returning on the Sunday. No Sunday flights being offered at all now or listed out of Newcastle yet I’ve contacted TUI numerous times and been told flight still scheduled but must admit I’m really doubtful at 8months to go and flight not even on sale.
Once in a lifetime holiday has now somehow taken place 7 times oops 😀So far weve had the pleasure of staying at: Quality inn **Springhill Suites ** Blue Heron Beach ** Royal Pacific**Pointe Orlando Resort **Fairfield** Vista Cay ** Eagle point** Hard Rock ** and magical Disney Cruises aboard the Wonder, Magic and Fantasy** Where to next...
FRANKLIN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

I’ve just had the same. My 22/05 flight from Bristol has vanished, as has the return. You can now only fly out every third Saturday rather than weekly. Last week the prices dropped further to only £400 each so clearly lots of availability. I’ve called them to be told the flight is still going, it’s probably sold out. Clearly this cannot be correct due to the price drop and COVID but Im told I won’t be told anything further until nearer the time. Not much good for trying to plan a holiday... so cannot book anything else until I know what’s happening here. Very poor service and now left in limbo

Edited at 05:35 PM.
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dil2373
Getting Excited

We were due bto fly from Birmingham in May this year,I checked in January to find we had been moved from Birmingham Saturday 23rd to Manchester Sunday 24th and from 14 days to 7!
Couldn't get more different if they tried.
Oh & no email good job I checked my booking