Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Nov 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were booked 12th Feb for 11 nights, but cancelled it a while ago and got our deposit back in a voucher from BA. I think it’s too early to even know how anything will be in the early stages of next year and I don’t see restrictions being lifted for a while. We’re not willing to spend the money and go with restrictions, it just wouldn’t be enjoyable for us as a family.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

We’re 19/2-5/3 and I really don’t think there’s a chance but I’m not sure whether to change the dates now or wait it out a little bit longer. I think it’s going to be so much more to change the dates and we already had to pay the extra to move from September to February. Kicking myself for not moving it further back but thought by Feb we’d be okay, how naive was I?!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've caved and moved ours from 2nd Feb to 24th May today. Feel much more confident now about it going ahead.
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Thanks everyone i think you are all right and it will be a non starter. Tbh i dont feel too disappointed as have another trip booked in aug which i am hopeful for. Think im just going to hang on for a refund though as if i cancel ill have to take a voucher 🤞
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

We have a trip booked for February and we had also written it off but it does seem like more places will be opening up by then.
I don't think that we will be quite able to travel to Florida by February but hopefully it wont be too long after that.

Its the uncertainty that is driving me mad
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

I have a trip booked for 22nd Feb, not thinking it is really going to happen, but things do change.

Both of us work for the NHS, and we are both getting COVID tests twice a week as a trial in certain hospitals.

We have both been negative on the first weeks tests. I know these tests are not going to be rolled out across the country fast, but I do think they give a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

At least we can prove a negative test, and the result takes 30 minutes.

That's quick enough to be done at the airport, and then continue testing while away, test again at the airport on return.

Just a thought, I've got to be positive as I need my Florida fix.

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

I did read last week that the states are looking into a health passport kind of of thing, basically they will let you in if you can prove you have been vaccinated.

But would be dependent on you having the vaccine... unless your high risk I think the summer is most likely.
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Maindrain View Post
I have a trip booked for 22nd Feb, not thinking it is really going to happen, but things do change.

Both of us work for the NHS, and we are both getting COVID tests twice a week as a trial in certain hospitals.

We have both been negative on the first weeks tests. I know these tests are not going to be rolled out across the country fast, but I do think they give a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

At least we can prove a negative test, and the result takes 30 minutes.

That's quick enough to be done at the airport, and then continue testing while away, test again at the airport on return.

Just a thought, I've got to be positive as I need my Florida fix.
The trust I work for are taking part in this trial aswell. Pleasant isn't it haha. I've done 2, as have both my sisters who work for the same trust and they have had 2 x negative tests too. Fingers crossed it helps in some way!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List