Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Nov 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
Oh heck I’ve just booked 2 upper class to lax next sept and didn’t think I could use upgrade vouchers from credit card as only used them before from economy to premium 😮.
So If I’m within the 24 hour cancellation period do you think I could ring them and add the upgrade vouchers? I’ve used 134,800 miles for both of us 😞
Ring them and ask.

If they say no then you could just cancel and rebook (even outside of the 24 hour cooling off period it's only £30 to do so).

However, make sure there is both PE and UC rewards available for your chosen flights as they quite often have to book you into a PE reward seat before upgrading you to a UC one. It's also worth noting that the UC reward seats that you cancel don't automatically get returned to the inventory.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Ring them and ask.

If they say no then you could just cancel and rebook (even outside of the 24 hour cooling off period it's only £30 to do so).

However, make sure there is both PE and UC rewards available for your chosen flights as they quite often have to book you into a PE reward seat before upgrading you to a UC one. It's also worth noting that the UC reward seats that you cancel don't automatically get returned to the inventory.

-Steve
Thank you so much! I’m glad I read your post or I wouldn’t of had a clue. Currently on hold 😐
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I have open reward tickets and they said I would need to cancel those down taxes would be refunded miles back in the mile account and then rebook paying out the taxes! Is this correct as seems a long winded way of doing things(and I would rather them just move my ‘taxes’ money to the new booking!
Old 25 Nov 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Yeah, I’m happy with the price - just couldn’t figure out why a previous poster was suggesting the price was too high. Thanks to you for all your info - it’s really helpful
I concur Liz, on both counts, but especially how helpful Steve is, particularly with airline/airport questions, one need only ask and he's there - thanks Steve

There are many helpful Dibbers who are happy to repeatedly help other Dibbers, thanks to them all.
Old 25 Nov 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
I concur Liz, on both counts, but especially how helpful Steve is, particularly with airline/airport questions, one need only ask and he's there - thanks Steve

There are many helpful Dibbers who are happy to repeatedly help other Dibbers, thanks to them all.
And we've now booked! Yay
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

All this talk of vouchers got me to thinking, I thought I had some but the were expired. turns out Ive got three!

So a 1.5hr wait to speak to FC tonight has turned our summer Atlanta UC flights into Summer LA ones, no extra points needed but 2 companion vouchers used 57.5k points +Taxes no change fees - thank you Ryan at Virgin FC
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
Thank you so much! I’m glad I read your post or I wouldn’t of had a clue. Currently on hold 😐
Whoop whoop just had 70 odd thousand miles credited to the account without having to amend anything.
Thank you again Steve you’ve made another flight next year possible with the extra miles. Just off to have a look
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebekah
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Finally got sorted. Probably the most convoluted change to a booking I've ever done and managed to do it all over live chat! Got to say that the agent I spoke to was outstanding. Managed to cancel our two separate flights of UC outgoing and PE coming back. Changed it to a return flight (1 day earlier each way) and in the process saved a couple of hundred quid and nearly 100,000 miles! Just now waiting on the refund for the original taxes (gulp) and the companion voucher to return to my account. Think the poor chap spent nearly 90 minutes online with me but he said he really enjoyed sorting out such a complicated case at least!
Hi, can I ask what options you selected on WhatsApp to get through to someone? I know they’re really busy at the moment but I’ve tried a couple of different options over the last few days and haven’t had a reply. Thank you! 😊
Rebekah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebekah View Post
Hi, can I ask what options you selected on WhatsApp to get through to someone? I know they’re really busy at the moment but I’ve tried a couple of different options over the last few days and haven’t had a reply. Thank you! 😊
It wasn't WhatsApp I'm afraid - it was just a live chat that happened to pop up on the website (something I've not seen for a long time on there). I also called today and that took just over an hour to get through at around 4pm. I've also used WhatsApp over the last couple of days and think that took around 36 hours for a response just using their usual number.
Old 26 Nov 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

I was on hold for an hour and half last night and got through about 9.45pm. Just keep trying you’ll get through eventually and it’s so much easier to talk to someone,