Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Does you child get one or two weeks at October half term? If two, could move to then? If not, end of August.
Only one, problem is our Disney tickets run out 30th September as they are from last year.
School wouldn't be a problem missing a week either side of half term in October, I personally don't want her missing 2 weeks of school as she is going into year 6.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
I personally would move it to August. I’m hoping USA will move to green late June (nothing other than gut feeling about this). What are your cancellation options if you chose not to go?
Villa is just move dates, flights would be a credit note. We will go just need to know, gut feeling is to move to August and hope (only ever been in August anyway)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Think you'd need balls of steel to keep the original dates.

There's a chance it will be June but I'd move it if you can

flightglobal/network...143577.article
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I suspect US isnt on green lists because until Uncle Joe opens up to us it's a moot point.

Boris has probably forgotten about it as rules don't seem to apply to diplomats anyway.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

Seems to have gone very quiet on the US and being added to the list, maybe late June/July based on the speculation, we have the 12th June still booked currently and another for 29th October as its just 2 of us so no school planning anymore. we would go in June if we can but just need that final confirmation it cannot happen Were with VA and just hoping we can cancel/move if needed without cost, hotel was through WDW so can cancel those upto 7 days before. Good luck all
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)

Edited at 08:00 AM.
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Due to fly 4th June
Was hopefully 6 weeks ago, not so much now
Shall we change? Can go July or August. (Don't really want to take daughter out of school in September for the new school year after the last year of broken schooling)
Need to make a decision as flights have to be changed 3 weeks before we go.
Shall we know more by tonight (but according to the green list that is supposed to be published today, USA isn't even mentioned (Independent newspaper via Twitter)
thinking August as looking at park availability for July, days for Hollywood studios are rare)
We are happy to go in June (all adults vaccinated) but will Biden let us in?
Would you change dates?
Come and join us on our flight!

I’d probably Push it back a bit into August if it was me.

Good luck 🤞🏼 and let us know what you decide. I would be waiting till they announce later today though. Although I know the phones could be ringing off the hook if the US is green for July/Aug.

Kat

Edited at 08:17 AM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I suspect US isnt on green lists because until Uncle Joe opens up to us it's a moot point.

Boris has probably forgotten about it as rules don't seem to apply to diplomats anyway.
I don’t think it’ll be green either as it was dropped from the speculation in the last couple of weeks.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We're booked BA for the 1st June (is that a pig flying over my garden? ) still got everything crossed because we're desperate to go and visit the kids in LA. There's only the two of us so none of the difficult decisions the OP has to juggle. We've booked 23rd July as a fall back and if that doesnt work, we'll move on to August.
I've got everything crossed for all of us hoping to get away soon.
Meanwhile the news is full of the local elections, not a peep about travel 😕
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would suggest moving it to either late in the August holidays or going for October half term, I think theres a chance the US will be on the list but I think it'll be once this first wave of countries are added! I have heard rumblings that it'll be around independence day that the US will have a travel corridor with us but who knows!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for October this year!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List