Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 May 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
There was something about USA being amber when the trafffic light system first starts that I saw yesterday
The USA won’t be green until June 30th at the earliest , this is simply due to the fact that the US currently has a ban on international visitors travelling there and not because of vaccination rates , variants etc.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I notice that on the Manchester airport website, it says t2 closed until 1st July now. Never seen a date before. That seems to tie in with virgins actions.
Old 5 May 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya YT, that too crossed my mind, UK and Europe given US access at the same time, even if it meant holding the UK in abeyance. I'd like to think Biden would be sensible and open borders if UK C-19 figures are low - and vice versa with our Gov approving US travel of course. As you say YT, time will tell.
I half suspect Biden is waiting for Kamala Harris to tell him what to do.

The current situation is hitting the international airlines hard. There is probably less pressure on the big US 3 airlines (American, Delta & United) as US domestic travel is unaffected. Remember, under half of all US citizens even hold a passport.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
The USA won’t be green until June 30th at the earliest , this is simply due to the fact that the US currently has a ban on international visitors travelling there and not because of vaccination rates , variants etc.
How do you know?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I half suspect Biden is waiting for Kamala Harris to tell him what to do.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Virgin confirmed with me yesterday that my return flight MCO-MAN was still scheduled for 10/6. The outbound is indirect, so still on sale. I wish they’d hurry up and cancel it!
Old 5 May 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnaB
Apprentice Imagineer

My direct flight on the 10th is no longer for sale. I would happily move to indirect if we can still go. I know I’m clutching at straws now. I would just like to know either way so I can make alternative plans for a holiday elsewhere
AnnaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

Same here for our flight on the 12th, cant see it but would just like to know for sure so we can move on and do something else, not sure if the rumours are true that they are going to review every 3 weeks that it could drag on a little longer though.
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Latics View Post
First, the US does not have a ban on all international visitors. It does have a ban on non-US residents arriving from the UK and other European countries (and a few other places). Or something along those lines.

Second, if the US continues to ban UK holidaymakers then that doesn't have any impact on what colour we make it. We will base the colour on the infection rates, vaccination numbers and variants - noting that this applies not just to holidaymakers who aren't allowed to travel at all but instead applies to people arriving from those countries.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List