Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 May 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Virgin moving seats around AGAIN!

Hi!

Just a heads up, after reading on here some people had their flights moved around again, I checked our booking yesterday and our outbound seats had been bumped to the back of the plane even though no flight changes and no email to state anything had been amended. I'm assuming it's because we were in the now "preferred" seats and they wanted them freed up to charge people going forward.

Quick chat to VA on Twitter and they moved us back with an apology!

The same happened on our inbound flight a couple of weeks back but that's when the time and aircraft were also changed. This time it looks like they literally just chucked us out the seats.

Maybe keep an eye on your summer bookings if you have already reserved specific seats.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Glad to hear they moved you back , if you read terms and conditions of your tickets the airline can move you to any seat in the plane if they so wish, even if you’ve paid for a particular seat but they will refund you for the seat you’ve paid for if applicable
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

We are flying August and they just moved us to the afternoon flight (12:30) even though it seems the morning one isn't full.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
We are flying August and they just moved us to the afternoon flight (12:30) even though it seems the morning one isn't full.
We had the same thing a few months ago. They moved us to the later flight and then reintroduced the morning flight. It’s rather annoying

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
we are the same for October - and looks like the 9:40 flight still bookable for the same dates on the VH website - i dont get it?!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
we are the same for October - and looks like the 9:40 flight still bookable for the same dates on the VH website - i dont get it?!
Remember that Virgin Holidays & Virgin Atlantic are totally separate entities from a booking point of view. One is a travel agent & the other is an airline.

Virgin Holidays get allocations of seats on Virgin Atlantic flights. Given that the flying schedule is all up in the air [no pun intended] at present, it could take a few days for VS schedule changes / flight consolidations to filter back to VHols, who will then notify you.

Fully agree that it is annoying when you get moved to a later flight and the earlier flight subsequently operates. Makes a difference to your first day, even if only be a few hours.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Remember that Virgin Holidays & Virgin Atlantic are totally separate entities from a booking point of view. One is a travel agent & the other is an airline.

Virgin Holidays get allocations of seats on Virgin Atlantic flights. Given that the flying schedule is all up in the air [no pun intended] at present, it could take a few days for VS schedule changes / flight consolidations to filter back to VHols, who will then notify you.

Fully agree that it is annoying when you get moved to a later flight and the earlier flight subsequently operates. Makes a difference to your first day, even if only be a few hours.
I know I feel a bit daft mentioning it as I will just be super grateful and happy to even get there no matter what the time!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Our inbound flight in October has been moved by 30minutes with an aircraft change as well. All seats are blanked out and say “seat already taken”. Is this normal? And will they show up to book eventually? I will be really cross after paying to fly Upper and then can’t even choose our seats!
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
delboybloomer
Getting Excited

Just had our August 21 virgin flight changed. were on a 09:30 flight. been put on a 12:30 flight now.

Not happy! (Although wont complain to loudly if we get to go!) Have asked travel agent (OF) to try to change back!
November 2013 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
Aug 2008 & Dec 2009 - Best Western lakeside,
delboybloomer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by delboybloomer View Post
Just had our August 21 virgin flight changed. were on a 09:30 flight. been put on a 12:30 flight now.

Not happy! (Although wont complain to loudly if we get to go!) Have asked travel agent (OF) to try to change back!
Almost Exactly the same as me, I fly out on 23rd Aug and they put us on the 12:30 flight. Really annoying because even though its only a few hours. In my experience its alot harder and stressful getting out of MCO and to resort at 5-6pm
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List