Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 May 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MattEzee
Gone all Goofy

Easter 2022 - Flight prices

Wow! BA have released flights for next Easter and they are £1k+ pp.

Am i missing something? Could this be affect of Covid increasing demand massively?

Think indirect might be the best call?!
MattEzee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

I'm so worried about this! Need flights for next august but I only budgeted for 2.5k for 2 adults, 1 child and an infant on lap. Any more than this then our holiday goes way over budget!
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MattEzee
Gone all Goofy

It is a concern - we were due to go Easter 2019 then Easter 2020 and flight prices increased every year. I guess it's inevitable until things even themselves out again!? Might need to consider indirect or fly drive.
MattEzee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have just been playing with Easter of 2022 LHR to both Tampa or Orlando. The prices are obviously very high. They may settle in the coming month as competitors enter the market on the 330 day mark from the return flight.. a little.

Rather interestingly, prices for the West Coast are pretty much what you would expect, using San Francisco or Los Angeles.

Given the difference and having done both, for me it would be an easy decision.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah I found this nasty little surprise yesterday. My original flydrive was £2.5k...for 19 days. 15 nights over Easter was over £5k when I was first able to price up yesterday. Will wait to see if they come down.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mfeltham
Excited about Disney

When I was looking the prices for 3 adults 1 child for a fly drive into either MCO or Tampa the price was 5k+ with both virgin and BA. Eventually bit the bullet and went for the Miami option at 2.5k with Virgin. BA were similar priced but with no seat selection and poor flight times, so opted for Virgin.
Sunset Lakes 04/04/19
Sunset Lakes 31/03/22
mfeltham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Yep Miami is our back up plan if once the flights that are released in august are extortionate. Cant justify spending 5k just on flights at all!
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've been pricing up a custom trip with BA and the flights came in much cheaper going that way around! We managed to find 2 weeks car hire, flights into MCO & out of Miami, 9 days in Orlando & a night in Miami at the end of the 2 weeks for £1200pp (2A). I didn't think that was too bad for Easter break! The Aer Lingus flight was coming up super cheap too

(we have a cruise during the 2nd week of our holiday)

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
We've been pricing up a custom trip with BA and the flights came in much cheaper going that way around! We managed to find 2 weeks car hire, flights into MCO & out of Miami, 9 days in Orlando & a night in Miami at the end of the 2 weeks for £1200pp (2A). I didn't think that was too bad for Easter break! The Aer Lingus flight was coming up super cheap too

(we have a cruise during the 2nd week of our holiday)
Reversing the route has frequently saved us a great deal also on USA multi centre vacations.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Reversing the route has frequently saved us a great deal also on USA multi centre vacations.
Our cruise is from Miami so we just thought it would be easier to spend the extra money and stay there for a night and then get the cheaper flight home!

I did find Miami was a lot cheaper than MCO but Tampa wasn't coming up that different, think it was about a £20pp difference and for that I would rather fly into MCO!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List