Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Mar 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Which fantasmic dining package?

Hi all, my 180 days is coming up and I'm trying to finalise my adrs. I thought we would do the fantasmic package at mama Melrose, but off the back of the best/worst food thread, I'm having second thoughts. Do you think that Hollywood brown Derby would be a better option for credit use & pay for a cheaper breakfast oop to balance it out? Many Thanks

Edited at 09:12 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

We decided to do the Brown Derby for no other reason but DH fancied eating there!
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 16, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

brown derby was our favourite meal of last trip, but we will try mama Melrose too next time
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

We've done both and will be returning to Mama Melrose this year. We found it a bit weird having a 4pm dinner at HBD although it was lovely. It took a long time to eat all three courses which wouldn't usually be a problem but we felt we were missing out on park time.

We got a 12:30 for Mama Melrose so it was a bit of a no brainer. Food was great when we went last time, service was excellent and although it's not fine dining, I think it suited us better TBH. Although HBD is probably better value on the Fantasmic plan.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We really liked Mama Melrose
Old 23 Mar 16, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for everyone's input. We're already doing 3 signatures so maybe I should stick with mama Melrose this time & do hbd next trip.
Old 24 Mar 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I think mama Melrose is better value on the dining plan as its 1 credit for 3 courses. We enjoyed it last year. Portions were huge...and you get breads as well. This year we are paying oop to do brown Derby as I think that's good value for a signature at the fixed price (but not worth 2 credits as with 2 credit signatures you get 3 courses as routine)
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

btw the price of brown derby fantasmic is now higher. Adult: $69.23, Child: $23.43. For 3 of us would be 161.89 without the minimum 18. tip so not as good value oop as distripplanner is calculating it to be. It's a lot to spend on dinner in such inconvenient time. Although the food is really lovely and I think it's worth it.

Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

We're doing HBD partly based in reviews and mainly based on what we fancied. We are also only going to HS in the late afternoon /evening that day and so preferred the later times you can get at HBD. We have a 6pm which is perfect for us with a 4 yr old. We're on the dining plan though (with plenty of spare credits from days off site) Paying OOP I'd probably go for Mama Melrose.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread