Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Jul 16, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrie163
Excited about Disney

We were on this cruis and absolutely loved it. I was 17 week pregnant and suffered terribly from sickness but the staff were amazing with me! We're going on the transatlantic next year with our son! 😀

DLP 2009 x 2, DLP 2011, Wilderness Lodge Disneymoon Dec 2011, POFQ Aug 2012, BLT and AKL 2013, Disneyland Hong Kong April 2014, Disney Magic Med Cruise Aug 2014, AKL, Disney Dream and VGF Aug 2015
Cherrie163 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Great that you enjoyed your time onboard ... albeit that it was short, we always recommend people to book as long as possible onboard! Pleased to see that you booked a 7 night in the Med. The difference in your servers should be noticeable as they can get to you know you a little more.
The issue with the very short cruises is that the servers are so rushed in getting everything out, that they have no time to actually get to you know what you like and dislike. Ordering strange combinations or extras on a longer cruise is never a bother, but it's sometimes a little difficult on the shorter ones.

You'll find on the Med cruises that you'll have more Spanish families onboard. This is great if you want to learn Spanish, but be aware that the Spanish don't like to obey the rules .. they make up their own and this can be very frustrating. Children in the adult only area, talking through the theatre shows etc etc .. speak to the CMs if it affects you. You'll be onboard the Magic, so if you're on the deck sunbathing and see Jermaine (Jamaica), Luis (Peru) or JoJo (Phillipines), just let them know what the issue is and they'll speak to their supervisor. Great guys!
Thanks for the tips Bats! I think we're booked on the same cruise in a few weeks. Not long to go!

Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
Hi Bats, I can see you are an avid Disney fan but have you ever cruised with anyone else or have knowledge of the other CL`s? Loved being on the Fantasy but struggling with the cost for next August. I don`t want anything too posh, no tuxedo rules etc - just not mine or the kids scene! Saw Carnival out of PC 29/7/17? Kids will be 12 and 14. Cheers
I'd try posting this in the cruise discussion forum so more people see this. I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 16, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cherrie163 View Post
We were on this cruis and absolutely loved it. I was 17 week pregnant and suffered terribly from sickness but the staff were amazing with me! We're going on the transatlantic next year with our son! 😀
Thanks for reading. The transatlantic is definitely on my list for future
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Really great overview of your cruise!
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List