Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Nov 14, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sidestep2014 View Post
My new place to check in December is Burger 21 near Mall at Millennia - apparently the nicest GF buns going!
TGI Fridays also do a surprisingly nice GF bun - I had a cheeseburger in there on Monday and the toasted GF bun was very nice indeed.

For anyone who's tempted to have the TGI sweet potato fries with their burger, please be aware they are not 100% GF. They are shown on the menu as suitable for 'gluten sensitivity' but the server informed us they would not be suitable for any coeliac who has experienced symptoms after consuming even the smallest amounts of gluten.

Edited at 09:30 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 14, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sidestep2014
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thanks Twink. I think I get put off by the fryer issue when they say there may be a risk like that. I have eaten regularly at Uno's and noticed that they now do a burger in GF bun. I am happy to have their other sides instead of fries !
Sidestep2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 15, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Loving this thread, just been diagnosed as a coeliac (no symptoms though so if I do slip up I won't be ill) we have the ddp which I know is a main and dessert, so far not a massive fan of the gluten free puddings and will feel a bit conned if i end up with ice cream every night, do you know if they will let you swop your dessert for a starter?
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 15, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lynne6705 View Post
Loving this thread, just been diagnosed as a coeliac (no symptoms though so if I do slip up I won't be ill) we have the ddp which I know is a main and dessert, so far not a massive fan of the gluten free puddings and will feel a bit conned if i end up with ice cream every night, do you know if they will let you swop your dessert for a starter?
In my experience, no they won't allow that.

Do a spreadsheet of GF dessert items available per park and per resort.
That way you can keep track of the 'best ones' that suit you.

This thread is great for info and so is the kiosk at animal kingdom! (I hope it's still there! )

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 15, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

I'm a vegan, so keen for any tips I've visited as a veggie before, but extra tips are welcome.

I'll be using a DDP and will make sure to make ADRs with notes on the booking.

I know that (currently) dole whips, salted pretzels and popcorn are suitable - I'm happy to live off those

Any must visit restaurants? I hear the AK resort restaurants are fab for veggies.
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by boagies View Post
I read this with great interest as we have been two Florida holidays (in Villas) with my son who is now 10 and is allergic to all nuts and we hope to book for 2014, maybe 2015. We more or less stuck to what we knew was completely nut free food as we have been told after each test that complete avoidance is advised... especially after a trip to A&E after epipen given with bowl of shreddies (made in a factory that has nuts on premesis but no nuts in ingredients) In the villa it wasn't a problem as we stuck to basic barbie food and shops seemed to label ingredients well... It would be great to know specific places to eat that cater to specific allergies.
Just want to say a great thread and very informative.
Hi going in October with a 10yr old who is allergic to peanuts but needs to avoid all nuts due to cross contamination. This is really really helpful info. We are not staying at a disney hotel and willbe eating outside disney a lot of the time. Did you have any problems with non disney restaurants? Thanks so much for help. Apologies if I have posted this in wrong place, just started using dibb last night ☺😯
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 15, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WillowFae
Excited about Disney

Does anyone have any tips for managing QS meals? We ate at Pizza Planet last year and the experience was so unpleasant it put us off QS meals. However, going again in a couple of weeks and will need to use them.

Basically we entered the restaurant and joined a long queue. There was no opportunity to speak to a CM about gluten free until we eventually arrived at the order point. They then took the orders for the rest of my family and sent for someone to come out and see me. I waited and finally someone came out and took my order. I waited some more - probably about 15 mins and then my order came out.

Now I have no problem with waiting because I know the food is specially prepared for me. BUT. By the time I got my meal and went to join the rest of my family they had all finished their meal because of course they got theirs as soon as they had ordered.

We want to eat together but that just doesn't seem to be possible.
WDW April 94 (pre-kids) (non-Disney), WDW Oct 12 (villa), WDW Oct 14 (GF), WDW Aug 15 (OKW), WDW DCL Aug 16 (VB, Cruise, BCV), WDW DCL Feb 17 (AKL, Cruise, GF), DLP Aug 17 (NBCC, SL), WDW DCL Oct 17 (Poly, Cruise), WDW DCL Aug 18 (VB, POR, BLT, Cruise x 2)
WillowFae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 15, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
we're off next year, first time on dining plan, so will be reading your replies with interest. There is a lady who has done a gluten free dining plan report so she may be worth asking? http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...ht=gluten+free

Edited at 11:21 PM.
Momofboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 15, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

asking for a friend, does anyone know if there are gluten free cakes/cupcakes available at the food court in POFQ? I know they're available at DTD at Erin McKenna's but this is related to a bday surprise so it may not be practical for them to visit there on the day.

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Anyone?

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets