VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Fab report.. the only thing is I know I wouldn't want to leave that room - fantastic

Thanks for sharing
Old 24 Jan 13, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Great review and loved the pics
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 13, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Oh wow, what a beautiful room and I never heard of it, but oh lovely photos and thank for showing it.

Make me think for my husband 50th

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 13, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks for sharing - looks amazing!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 13, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks mazz... such a great review... my darling fiance would like me to thank you for costing him the upgrade fee... oh well, just waiting for my quote to come through!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 13, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
My, it looks amazing!

Thank you so much for this, Mazz, we have not long booked a family concierge with a bump out balcony on deck 12 and yours is the first picture I've seen of the larger balcony.

Can I ask whether you had to pay for the alcohol and non alcoholic smoothies in the lounge? I've read that they are free for 45 minutes or so prior to dinner seatings, was this your experience?

can you give a rough idea of the tidbits on offer throughout the day?

did you order room service?

Once again thanks for the pictures and detail.
to answer your questions

although they say 2 pre dinner cocktail times of 45 mins you can go to both and they are not strict with the finish times, we found them to be more than generous with the alcohol, cocktails, smoothies and such and yes it's all free (included in the concierge price)

towards the end of the cocktail time Shaun would always make sure we had a drink to take to dinner or to the theatre even if it was 10 mins after the official finish time, if he was busy he recognised this and always made sure we were happy

food wise brekkie was a posh continental of patisserie, bagels, salmon, various cheese, museli and other cereal

throughout the day there was allsorts from teeny slivers of rare beef rolled with horseradish and duck breast sliced with cucumber and wrapped in parcels which were tied with the thinnest of pepper ribbons, there was sushi, cheeseboard, the most amazing selection of bread both savoury and sweet, boston chocolate lollipops for the kiddiwinks, teeny pots of various desserts, a take on a cream tea with some fancy scones, mini choc eclairs and sandwiches and things like chocolate marshmallows and strawberries, like i said it was never too much were you felt that you could not try and spoil your evening meal and i tried some amazing breads and the duck wrapped thingie was amazing

room service ~ we did not order but the kids did when we ate at palo, we went through the menus with them and the food was brought in and laid out with a table cloth and served which we thought was was a little posh for just the kids especially as they only ordered main courses and a creme brulee

drinks are stocked in your room fridge with cans of coke, orange, sprite and btls of water so they didn't need any of these

there's also drinks avail in the lounge at any time you just go along and help yourself to the cans or the btls of water and also the coffee machine, this machine does regular coffee, espresso, cappuccino, latte, americano and also hot chocs, there are also syrups and marshmallows and like i said if it's not avail you just need to ask

hope that helps

Edited at 01:55 PM.
Old 24 Jan 13, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Thanks mazz... such a great review... my darling fiance would like me to thank you for costing him the upgrade fee... oh well, just waiting for my quote to come through!
ha .. bless him!
He'll love it once he's in there though
Old 24 Jan 13, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Gosh I have to say I feel like I'm in a quandary now. We have an indoor and a veranda booked for DH me and our 2 teens, so I'm seriously tempted to change it to 1 room (cat V) in concierge. It would cost a few hundred pounds more, with less room, but last cruise my daughter wanted to aquaduck a few times but after that just relax on a lounger but as she's just 16 she couldn't go to the cove so hubby and I took turns to stay with her and spend time in the adult only area where our 18 year old son was enjoying too. Is it worth it just to take advantage of the private sun deck? Decisions decisions any advice anyone?
Great to have such a detailed review though, thanks
Lisa
Old 24 Jan 13, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
you're welcome

my dh wasn't sure at first when i first mentioned this concierge upgrade he was not keen at all until i reminded him of my upcoming birthday and christmas pressies and i said those magic words most men love ... "free drinks darling"

Edited at 10:53 AM.
Old 24 Jan 13, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

i need to mention i also got extra obc from my travel agent for this suite so do shop about for the best deal

Edited at 10:48 AM.