Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 22 Jun 15, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

This is a great start, looking forward to reading more... We have our first cruise booked next year. So excited!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 15, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Thanks for reading, sorry there was no update this weekend gone but we had teenage relationship issues, bless him! 😧💔
More next week!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 15, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds lovely can't wait for our first trip in January! And happy belated anniversary x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 15, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Sounds lovely can't wait for our first trip in January! And happy belated anniversary x
Thank you!
You will become addicted..lol.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 15, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Disney Dream, Day Two-

Well good morning everyone for Day Two on the Disney Dream.
This morning we were on our way into the Nassau but we were still at sea when we woke up and it is wonderful to wake up to the slow shush of the wake of the ship and to go our and see this view;

For the man who doesn't like "boats" he doesn't look too unhappy that I dragged him on here!

I am sure most of you reading know the reputation of the food and service on DCL but it really bowled us over. You have a daily door hanger card in your room and you can order room service breakfast each day- there is no cooked food but the offer of fruit, pastries- yes Krispy Kreme Donuts- and cereal is wonderful, as well as tea, coffee milk and juices.

You pick a half our time slot and they delivered at the beginning of the slot all three days of our cruise- you cannot do this on the last morning.

For us this was ultimate luxury- we both need coffee as soon as we wake up so as it comes in an insulated flask; we ordered one from room service each night and kept it for the first cup in the the morning until our morning coffee arrived. Only once did we have a faulty flask and it didn't stay hot.

There is no extra charge for this except a tip- I gave five dollars a day as we ordered a few items of food too.With this I gave them a pack of gum and they always seemed so excited about the gum.I had read that they often don't get ashore for shopping etc.

This service also meant we relaxed in the morning and didn't have to shower and dress for food etc. Apart from the first lunchtime we only hit Cabanas once again. it allowed our teenage son to sleep in too.

The Disney detail is everywhere;

We let our son sleep in, jet lag was still upon us. It was lovely floating into Nassau in our pyjamas sitting on the verandah drinking coffee.

We had no port excursions planned, we were just gong to hop off the ship for half an hour later in the day to get some "tut" magnets for my filing cabinet at work and a tree dec for our Disney/travel tree. Nothing at Nassau really drew us in our research but we had heard the ship was fairly empty on a port day and it was. We had a little brunch at Cabanas welcomed by this old boy;

We then went and settled on the upper deck to just relax and after an hour or two Peter went off to to video around the ship and my son and I just ate from the pool bars (yes second lunch) and then Peter had second lunch too. Around the pool deck there is a a vast array of wraps, sandwiches, burgers, paninis, fruit and fries as well as pizza and soft serve- the banana one is so yummy!

Peter found his main man;

We had docked alongside these other cruise lines.

They all looked Ok but there is something about a Disney ship that makes you feel fuzzy inside.

We relaxed on deck for a while longer but Michael was in a lazy mood, no Vibe, no aqua duck. Peter and I just went on over to do it as we spotted a short line- on in 10 minutes- it is great fun and less queues on a port day. We never did get to ride it at night and Michael admits he is a bit silly that he never did it all!

We had had enough sun after a couple of hours with factor 50 on- and later Michael had realised he had burnt his knees where his shorts rode up on the sunbed! That breeze can be deceiving up on deck.

We showered and got off the boat but our son just wanted to relax so we left him in the cabin.

This picture gives you a scale of the ship in port;

It also gives you the opportunity to get at the front of the ship for my main man;

The obligatory picture at the sign at the port- just to prove you were there!

We really did just pop into the first tranch of stalls and get a magnet and tree ornament (sorry already at work and in the in the loft)

There is a strong security presence but we didn't feel it was too rough and would have walked further on in if we had wanted to. The big building that is being refurbished right at the port looks like it will be a nice array of little shops when it is finished- a bit like a closed port? It was also very hot and humid in port as you lost the sea breeze from the higher ship decks.

We had had our first Fish Extender delivery when we came back to the cabin- what a great bunch of crafty, useful and interesting gifts- this is so much fun and I recommend it, especially if you have kids, or are just big kids, like us! Michael had had great fun as he kept popping out to see if there was stuff there and it just kept coming.

We showered and changed and we decided to go to the Villains show tonight and sat up top with our dinner companions. It was an OK show but it was the only one we went to. Some of the stage looked a bit ropey to me but the kids loved it.

We then had day one of our two day dining rotation in Royal Palace. This for many is their least favourite, I had read, but I really liked it.

That night we had more puzzles on the table from Kevin our server and really got to know him and Katia. I felt a lot of people around us were so quiet and non interactive with their servers but we just had a great time with them. We got prime rib that night and it was fabulous- epic fail on the pictures again, sorry.

We were quite tired tonight so we head on back to the cabin, Michael still didn't want to go to the Vibe- I think the jet lag really hit him this time and he had been working long days at college on productions before we came away.

Our towel animal tonight was a? Still not sure what it was but Jerico was very clever!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07870.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	62113   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07882.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	62114   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07883.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	62115   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07888.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	62116   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07840.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	62153  

Name:	DSC07844.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	62154   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07848.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	62155   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07846.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	62156   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07852.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	62157   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07856.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	62158  

Name:	DSC07859.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	62159   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07860.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	62160   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07857.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	62161   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07864.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	62162  

Edited at 04:46 PM.
Old 28 Jun 15, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Lovely read again Thanks for the tip about the coffee, shall try to remember to do this as my OH likes a coffee first thing in the morning.

Not sure if it's just me but I can only see a couple of your photo's?
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 15, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for day 2 ...enjoyed the read! I too can only see a few photos and Im on the laptop!
Old 28 Jun 15, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Lovely read again Thanks for the tip about the coffee, shall try to remember to do this as my OH likes a coffee first thing in the morning.

Not sure if it's just me but I can only see a couple of your photo's?
Julia, I have reloaded some of the photos again, weird as I cannot see some on my ipad but I can see them all on my laptop?

The coffee thing really works and if you are an early riser but don't wan to get dressed then this is the way to go!
Old 28 Jun 15, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Thanks for day 2 ...enjoyed the read! I too can only see a few photos and Im on the laptop!
Ashling, very weird, can see them all on my laptop. I have reloaded some and can see them on my phone so that is good!
Old 28 Jun 15, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Ohhh I really want to cruise! Looking forward to reading more :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List