Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 16, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I was absolutely in the same boat as the OP when we first planned DDP. I can assure you that there will be sufficient food and perhaps after 6 days you may not have too many credits left. We found that the amount of food at each meal was the thing with which we struggled... Huge entrees, huge salads, huge QS! It was hot so we used out snacks to get huge drinks from Starbucks (great use of a snack)... All of which left us feeling continuously full and not wanting to eat again!
Enjoy being able to eat what you want and don't worry about the credits. It's like a prepaid all inclusive... Without the booze!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Remember some people will have days at universal etc so not use credits that way and they mount up.

Some people still eat out of Disney on ddp at must dos like Cheesecake Factory so again credits add up.

Qs are not split child and adult. If you are 2 adults and 2 little kids there is no way you will eat 4 qs at lunch. So you share 2 say especially swapping dessert for a side. Deals like the big pizzas at the resort food courts or boardwalk also feed a family for 2 Qs.

Some ice creams are massive like the sundaes at the Main Street parlour in mk we shared 2 between 3.

We find we use snacks more than Qs so being able to swap a qs for 3 snacks is ideal.

We do use ours but I keep a check on credits(hotel front desk will give you a print out)
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi,

Yes as dixonsontour says, when we've stayed for 2 weeks on site but had days out at Universal, SW and BG unused credits build up, we always use all TS credits, it tends to be the QS ones that we don't get through... we always give it a damn good try though😜😜
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
A lot depends on what you choose as well.

If you have a character buffet breakfast at 10ish and take full advantage of the offerings you will be stuffed and may not use your snack that day.

Some QS meals are huge especially now you can swap the dessert and drink for sides.

So flame tree bbq 1 QS gets you a full slab of ribs with beans, cornbread and coleslaw and get basket of onion rings as 'dessert' massive amount and shareable by 2. If you choose the salad then you will use a QS each.

Even things like the cupcakes are massive and easily shared.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

For 2 of us we used all our QS but all snacks went on ghirardelli choc (15 bars) goofy candy, trail mix, rice crispy treats, biscuits etc to bring home otherwise we wouldnt be able to use all them
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We used all ours and we ate off site a couple of lunches when we were out shopping etc... I guess we must be big eaters!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
We used all ours and we ate off site a couple of lunches when we were out shopping etc... I guess we must be big eaters!
Not necessarily. It depends a lot on how you eat and how your appetite is affected by the heat and all the walking. We're not the kind of eaters that can fill up at breakfast and use that to keep going all day. I don't usually eat a lot at breakfast even at the buffets so I'm often hungry at lunch time as usual. All the walking also makes me hungry. I would say I eat normal meals on holiday (as in at normal times) so it tends to be snack credits that we don't use. There'll be the odd QS potentially left over but we would start using them for breakfast. This year we'll probably use them for snacks and keep the snack credits for non-perishables should we have any left.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had loads of snacks and some QS credits left over last year but we had a few days offsite when staying at HRH at Universal and some shopping days. I am determined to utilise my credits so much better next year especially my snack credits, when we travel next year the DDP will have changed to 2 snack credits, however the Food and Wine Festival will be on whilst there so I am hoping to use some snack credits for this.
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Remember credits last until midnight on check out day so you can use them all the day you check out. Do swap any QS left for stuff to bring home.

Saw on another thread on here someone had been allowed to swap 1 QS for $16 of ghiradelli chocolate . Goofys candy co at the springs also has lots of options to bring home.

First time we did ddp in 2009 DH was worried about lack of food..

We were at All star movies and I got the pizza and 2 massive ice cream cookie desserts. He eyed it up and said how much was it ..2 QS credits. How many have we got...40 QS credits left and he knew he would be ok We got drinks to go and used the resort mugs but now you could even get 2 sides like chilli cheese fries and 6 garlic breadsticks in place of the drinks so a massive amount of food for 2 QS.

Old 19 Aug 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
On our last day we had 4 qs left, we had breakfast then got sandwiches, muffins, crisps etc with the last one and ate at the airport, saved us buying a meal there.