Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Sep 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Used them twice so far, in conjunction with BA packages (flight+hotel+car). Registered for Avis Preferred prior to the first time, as per standard had to go to the kiosk in the garage first time - a doddle, took a couple of minutes.

Both times we booked a full size car. First time we got a Chevy Malibu, very new (a couple of thousand on the odometer I think), nice car. Second time we had a preallocated slot, and to our surprise we were given a Chevy Camaro V6. Now that was a great car (and also very new). We were not charged any extra.

In both cases the outstanding balance was $0 when we returned the car and we were only charged the tolls (and toll admin fee) a couple of weeks after returning, as expected.

I'd use them again for sure (as a matter of fact, we are on our next trip this November/December - though for our trip next spring I booked the flight and hotel with Virgin Atlantic, so I'm looking around for the car at the moment.

Edited at 09:15 PM.
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve had 3 good experiences with Avis at MCO, LAX and Miami. Have been upgraded all 3 times and haven’t been charged any extra.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs chimp
Being a bit Goofy

thanks everyone.

Just nerves i think, first time using MCO in 8 years - used Tampa for previous couple of visits, that and the thought of a battle with a hire company after a 10 hr flight with 3 kids under 5.

thanks again
Mr & Mrs chimp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
samhugs
Getting Excited

Mobile

We had no issue at all with them last year. Quick service and car was nice and clean.
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JSB32
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

JSB32's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have used BA and Avis Preferred via Tampa for the last 6 trips and had no issues at all.
2012 - Chatham Park,
2013 - BLT, RPR, & Indian Creek Villa,
2014 - Indian Creek, RPR & Pierhouse 60,
2015 - Indian Creek, RPR, & Sandpearl
2016 - RPR, Villa & Sandpearl,
2017 - RPR, BC, Villa & Sandpearl,
2018 - HRH, Cypress Pointe Villa & Sandpearl
2019 - Portofino, Sandpearl, Cypress Pointe Villa
JSB32 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve used them several times and no issues at all
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Used them in Montreal last year - no issues.

This trip (back today), the car was great but the pickup was not. The preferred board had my name but said go to kiosk. So I had to wait 10 minutes for an agent. All processed fairly quickly and told the agreement would be printed at the gate. Sure enough, it said I had to pay $800 on return. Gate-guy couldn't do anything so returned to kiosk - now a 20 minute wait just to speak to someone, then a further 30 minutes whilst they sorted it out - had to get a manager over to make phone calls and all sorts.

I'd use them again but will insist on the agreement being printed at the kiosk first.
Old 6 Sep 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Used Avis & been a preferred customer for the last 10years, always been friendly, cars new (we always have the Chrysler Town & Country or equivalent) we have prepaid fuel the last 2/3 years to save filling up tank to take back
Sunset Lakes - Villa Aug 2015, Aug 2016 Oct 2017 Oct 2019
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jcmickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Using them next year great to read some positive experiences

Do they get annoyed if you ask for something American rather than something I could drive at home?
Jcmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Same experience here - really good, all went smoothly -

ended up quids in - the car we had must have had something wrong with the number plate or something because we drove through every toll intending to just pay the $19.99 fee plus tolls (or whatever it was). No charge at all.
We never got charged after our May trip either and the final account showed a credit, contacted BA who refunded £50 ... Win, win for us

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List