Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 May 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
I was in Morrisons today and they had some good value Red Robin trees, £27 for ones around 4ft high.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but consider which way your garden faces too, some plants and trees like full sun and others prefer shade.

Jill
We’ve done a lot of planting in the garden this year and apart from one local garden centre we went to last bank holiday at Easter we’ve got all our flowers and plants from Morrison’s they have grown beautifully and the flowering ones already flowering well or later ones starting to bud...
I’ve put all mine in tubs and planters though, I’ll try and put some pics up later but it’s lashing it down at minute so ain’t going outside lol.
The trees have been really good , only smallish ones cos like I said I want them certain sizes in pots , A really nice shaped bay tree, Morrison’s had em £27 my local florist is selling hers for £60 😳 I got a beautiful shaped boxus pyramid tree I’ve put in a big planter and round bottom planted violas for colour... I’m really proud of that lol cos it’s only this last few months I’ve embraced gardening now I think I’m crazy plant lady lol. I got a red acer that looks lovely too and a red cordyline again in a planter and I’ve put trailing lobelia around it.

Sandra check labels on plants especially if you know where you want to put em will tell you which like sun and which don’t
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Happy planting Sandra 🌸🌼🌸
There’s nowhere to plant them, waiting to spruce up the garden and keep them in the garage till we can plus it’s freezing! ☔️💨🥶
Old 3 May 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Which online company have you used ?
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I used you garden, I just came across it and it seemed quite reasonable. We bought a few plants in the garden centre and Homebase and two in Morrison’s and Morrison’s seem pretty cheap also. We might head there again for doing some baskets.
Old 8 Jun 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
You garden didn’t deliver so I had to go out and buy them and order off Amazon, I have red robin, double flower hibiscus being delivered soon, I have star jasmine, pink Buddleja, purple buddleja, forsythia, a fuchsia tree, a pink rose tree, a magnolia susan, two weigilas different types, my clematis is dying A palm tree, A gold finger shrub and some others that I just liked the look of like lilac, geraniums, some exotic thing with a big yellow flower and Betulia, I spent loads and dh has asked me to rein it in!
Lots of stuff are toxic to dogs like azalea and honeysuckle which I wanted but couldn’t get. If I see anything else I might sneak it in the Amazon trolly and hide the bill!

Dd like this but it’s dying 😳

Edited at 04:47 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Is it overwatered?

I’ve bought some peony’s from Lidl, I also bought some rudbeckia something or other (yellow petals, brown/black centre, perennial) I nipped to our local market and bought some cheap annuals.
I am also in trouble with DH, I’ve bought some bulbs due to arrive in Sept/Oct... crocus, allium and some that looks like a lampshade 😀
Very nearly bought some bulbs , that luckily I googled, as I found they were poisonous to animals and humans.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
Is it overwatered?

I’ve bought some peony’s from Lidl, I also bought some rudbeckia something or other (yellow petals, brown/black centre, perennial) I nipped to our local market and bought some cheap annuals.
I am also in trouble with DH, I’ve bought some bulbs due to arrive in Sept/Oct... crocus, allium and some that looks like a lampshade 😀
Very nearly bought some bulbs , that luckily I googled, as I found they were poisonous to animals and humans.
I tried only watering it every few days and it was dying so now I’m watering it everyday and it’s still dying. The clematis was watered loads and stones put around the roots but it’s nearly dead, if plants don’t survive with sun, rain and water I have no clue
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Only other thing I can think of is to take it out the pot and check the soil doesn’t have any bugs in that munching in the roots. I lost loads of pansies a few years ago, they just fell over, when I went to investigate, they had no roots 😀
Lavender is my go to plant to kill, not sure what I manage to do, but they look lovely over summer/autumn, cut them back, next minute they are dead 🤷 I’ve put some in pots, these are the last ones I’m buying, so we will see how we get on.
Old 15 Jun 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Sandra how are your new plants going?
Would you particularly recommend any you bought?
I want something that will grow to about 4ft but only 2ft (ish) wide, with colour 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Sandra how are your new plants going?
Would you particularly recommend any you bought?
I want something that will grow to about 4ft but only 2ft (ish) wide, with colour 👍🏻
They are doing well, when we get the extension or conservatory finished I will post pics. Growing grass in my garden at the moment, I’m not sure I just planted loads and hope for the best. Buddleja plant is coming along really well, ones getting really tall and ones quite small still. They grow really tall because I have one the other side and should look like this.