Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Jun 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
Well I can report positive news!
I had to cancel my early July res. Some points went in holding because I stupidly cancelled at 30 days instead of 31. 🙄
Literally just got off the phone with MS and they transferred all my points into next year. Was showing in my account instantly. I think I got really lucky with the CM and the supervisor. But there is hope for us all!
We have an august UY.
Great to hear. My 31 day was yesterday and as no news from virgin I spoke to member services who said they would consider this if my flight is cancelled. Now a waiting game! Fingers crossed I get a result like yours. Brilliant
Old 10 Jun 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
Great to hear. My 31 day was yesterday and as no news from virgin I spoke to member services who said they would consider this if my flight is cancelled. Now a waiting game! Fingers crossed I get a result like yours. Brilliant
I’m pretty sure we are on the same flight dates. I decided to cancel dvc just incase I needed to rent and would have around 2 months to get that sorted. If virgin end up going then we will book somewhere local and shift things around a bit! But I expect the cancellation to be imminent!
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

I’m pretty sure we are on the same flight dates. I decided to cancel dvc just incase I needed to rent and would have around 2 months to get that sorted. If virgin end up going then we will book somewhere local and shift things around a bit! But I expect the cancellation to be imminent!
Oh are we - Manchester Virgin 10 July! Fingers crossed but I’m like you think cancellation is imminent
Old 11 Jun 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Meant to say our travel agent said they cannot book onto that flight or any that week, including codeshare and what normally happens is a Bot Will run all cancellations for the week on Sunday! Let’s see
Old 11 Jun 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
Oh are we - Manchester Virgin 10 July! Fingers crossed but I’m like you think cancellation is imminent
My July 9th got cancelled today

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

So sorry to read this Helenr and I see from your ticker that was only 28 days before you were expecting to be at the Polynesian
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Getting quite nervous but still 30 days before having to decide I am planning on contacting MS and see if there is discrepancy really need to talk to Todd.

The phone calls are so frustrating but probably the best thing to persevere with.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I'm meant to be flying out on August 7th but fully expect my flight to be cancelled. I'll need to make a decision on my DVC reservations in 30ish days but I'm holding out until the last minute.
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I'm meant to be flying out on August 7th but fully expect my flight to be cancelled. I'll need to make a decision on my DVC reservations in 30ish days but I'm holding out until the last minute.
we were due August 10th and like you I expect to get cancelled we have already moved everything but the flight.SSR reservation we have already cancelled
Old 16 Jun 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Read an article on sky news earlier who quoted a 'source' that there will be no real foreign travel until August at least now. - Sad times