Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jun 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
You have confused me now.

Sunday is the only exception you can have Sunday lunch or Sunday dinner.

You could also technically have Sunday dinner any day (aka a midweek roast).
Brilliant 😀😀😀

So are you now saying that your post number 154 only referred to Sundays ? ( because in that you says you could have dinner at lunchtime ).

I thought you were just talking generally !

So during the week - assuming you don’t have a roast - what do you call the meal you have around 1pm and what do you call the meal you have around 6pm ?

( and does its name change depending on what it consists of - assuming it’s not a roast )

My post at 158 was meant to be ‘ funny ‘ but it was actually what I thought you meant by post 154 )
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:57 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Brilliant 😀😀😀

So are you now saying that your post number 154 only referred to Sundays ? ( because in that you says you could have dinner at lunchtime ).

I thought you were just talking generally !

So during the week - assuming you don’t have a roast - what do you call the meal you have around 1pm and what do you call the meal you have around 6pm ?

( and does its name change depending on what it consists of - assuming it’s not a roast )

My post at 158 was meant to be ‘ funny ‘ but it was actually what I thought you meant by post 154 )
No not just Sunday but generally that's the only day the main meal is eaten at midday.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

No not just Sunday but generally that's the only day the main meal is eaten at midday.
So on any other day is it just
Breakfast
Lunch
Tea

Unless it’s a roast ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Tea cakes are sweet and have currants in them. They are usually toasted and served warm with thick butter.
No that’s a fruit tea cake. A tea cake isn’t sweet. Well it int round these parts anyway.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
So on any other day is it just
Breakfast
Lunch
Tea

Unless it’s a roast ?
No a normal day is breakfast lunch dinner, well actually in my case it's generally only brunch and dinner because I 16/8. But I don't think brunch is especially southern.

Edited at 06:11 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
No a normal day is breakfast lunch dinner, well actually in my case it's generally only brunch and dinner because I 16/8. But I don't think brunch is especially southern.
Considering northerners usually call the meal in the middle of the day "dinner" (see the earlier mention of "dinner ladies" as evidence, m'lud), whilst southerners call that meal "lunch", then the word "brunch" is very much a southern thing. In the north it would be "brinner".

Plus it sounds pretentious.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm originally from the Isles of Scilly, born there, and lived there until I was 5. So literally everyone is Northern to me, including those who live in Cornwall.

My question - Do you people genuinely not feel the cold, or are you just taught that to shiver and/or turn blue is a sign of weakness? :P
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by iLaura View Post
My question - Do you people genuinely not feel the cold, or are you just taught that to shiver and/or turn blue is a sign of weakness? :P
I wear shorts virtually all year round up here in the Pennine uplands of the NW, but my DW feels the cold just by looking at the fridge! We've got a half'n'half electric blanket - my side has never been plugged in in nearly 30 years of marriage, whereas hers gets used probably 350 days a year!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by iLaura View Post
I'm originally from the Isles of Scilly, born there, and lived there until I was 5. So literally everyone is Northern to me, including those who live in Cornwall.

We do sometimes feel the cold. Always put a cardigan on when it’s snowing
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Breakfast, Brunch or lunch depending on time and supper if after 7pm (else its dinner)

Christmas lunch is around 3pm - thats the exception (but I would still rather eat it as supper as I feel sleepy eating too much during the day)

Plus my Family are in Yorkshire which I think is in the North (although I am a traitor and moved South)

Edited at 05:38 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List