Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jun 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Google Maps shows the new Cheddars at where the old Bennigans used to be (next to Delmonico's), not where the Village Inn used to be. However, I don't know whether Google Maps is correct?

I agree. I was considering visiting both and when I looked them up on google maps they were close but separate.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
It wasn’t really on my radar but a couple of weekends ago it was coming up for my dates at £22 a night (plus $18 for parking) on a refundable rate so it seemed rude not to book it. Pools and landscaping look nice and reviews say it is clean and that’s all we need for 3 nights before flying to Tucson.
It was a nice hotel, very clean nice staff, little shop, bar was good, would stay there again.
Old 15 Jun 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Just got the following:

Good morning, Andrew. In regards to your question, that is still TBD from what I understand. Thanks for the kind comments.

Matt Rampey
Village Inn Guest Relations

Fingers crossed that its just a temp thing.
Old 15 Jun 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
That’s such a shame if it does close for good. It was one of our favourites for breakfast before Seaworld or Aquatica.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
CoasterQueen
Earning More Ears

Ah gutted planning on staying at the Doubletree and eating in Village Inn before visiting Seaworld in 2022. Such a shame as Village Inn always had quite good reviews. Nothing fancy but home-cooked honest food-we have been looking at the menus I know it's been there for years-feel so bad for all the workers. Blast this Covid It's having such a negative effect on so many people's lives-but makes you realize that some people are losing their lively hoods ( and of course their lives). Bit humbling really...
CoasterQueen is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I did change the wording of my post because I wasn't 100% sure. I don't go by that area too often. This weekend I definitely didn't notice a Village Inn sign. Most places have reopened by now if they were only closed for Covid. The location didn't even show as closed when I searched for Village Inn locations on Google Maps. It didn't show at all
Old 15 Jun 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CoasterQueen View Post
Ah gutted planning on staying at the Doubletree and eating in Village Inn before visiting Seaworld in 2022. Such a shame as Village Inn always had quite good reviews. Nothing fancy but home-cooked honest food-we have been looking at the menus I know it's been there for years-feel so bad for all the workers. Blast this Covid It's having such a negative effect on so many people's lives-but makes you realize that some people are losing their lively hoods ( and of course their lives). Bit humbling really...
This Corona has a lot to answer for, Troy had worked there for over 20 years and Cannon coming up to 20, they were both by far the nicest most genuine people Ive ever met in Orlando, just hope that they have found something else to do.
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
This Corona has a lot to answer for, Troy had worked there for over 20 years and Cannon coming up to 20, they were both by far the nicest most genuine people Ive ever met in Orlando, just hope that they have found something else to do.
All the restaurants, shops etc here are desperately trying to recruit staff.
Old 16 Jun 21, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Donna
Friends have said the same about recruitment and their college age kids making choices closer to home because of part time jobs and the sign up bonuses being offered
And the shooting up costs of a housing on and off Campus in some areas
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I did change the wording of my post because I wasn't 100% sure. I don't go by that area too often. This weekend I definitely didn't notice a Village Inn sign. Most places have reopened by now if they were only closed for Covid. The location didn't even show as closed when I searched for Village Inn locations on Google Maps. It didn't show at all
Nah, that's fine. I didn't know whether Google Maps was correct or not - sometimes it gets things wrong and puts things in the wrong location.

When I do a search in Google Maps for "Village Inn Orlando" it does show the location and says it is "Permanently Closed".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List