Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fouroaksred
Getting to know the DIBB

Has anyone flown BA Gatwick to Orlando recently ?

Has anyone flown BA Gatwick to Orlando recently ? If so, how was the experience generally - food, entertainment and service ?

I seem to remember many here suggesting that BA are not what they used to be - but I would be interested in your valued opinions.

Many thanks
Fouroaksred is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Flow out beginning of March back 2weeks ago food was fine topical airplane food IFE was good and service as usual was first class 2 drinks rounds and around several times with water juice etc and you could go and get something if you wanted it
Way back not BAs fault at all but TSA at MCO flight was late so they put as many of us as they could on the first flight so we could make connections dinner was ok but breakfast gave that a miss as did everybody else I think
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We flew out on 9th April. It was fine. We were not on a refurbed plane. The food was actually a little better than on previous BA flights. There was a decent choice of movies and the staff were nice.

Flight back again was ok although food was worse than it normally is on the way back, again not on a rerurbed plane.

If you are curious about the food it’s in my food report with pictures.
Here is the link
Old 26 Apr 19, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We flew out on 9th April. It was fine. We were not on a refurbed plane. The food was actually a little better than on previous BA flights. There was a decent choice of movies and the staff were nice.

Flight back again was ok although food was worse than it normally is on the way back, again not on a rerurbed plane.

If you are curious about the food it’s in my food report with pictures.
Here is the link
Just wondering - had you prebooked your seats online and you were expecting a refurbished plane or you had no idea which it would be? Just asking because i have booked our seats online and and it has a 3x4x3 configuration, not too keen on the thought of that changing and us being sat somewhere else!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
crazydecorator
Trading Disney Pins

We had the 343 configuration showing early on for the way back, and then it did change to the older plane so we got split across the aisle. It’s just luck, my mum flew back a few days later and had the newer plane with 343.

Food was pretty rubbish tbh, but for what I paid I’m happy
crazydecorator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
Just wondering - had you prebooked your seats online and you were expecting a refurbished plane or you had no idea which it would be? Just asking because i have booked our seats online and and it has a 3x4x3 configuration, not too keen on the thought of that changing and us being sat somewhere else!
I didn’t pre book as ds is under 12 so I just let them allocate at 5 days before. We’ve always done this.
I wasn’t expecting a refurb although it’s showing a refurb for our July flight and again I’m not pre booking seats.
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Not Orlando but we flew to FLL from Gatwick in December
Refurb plane was brilliant- clean, comfy, loads of IFE. Had an old plane on the way back and it felt shabby and the screens were tiny with half the IFE offerings.
Food was edible. Drinks I think only offered once as a full bar and then wine etc with meal and coffee after meal. Then juice/water offered throughout the flight. I'm sure we could have had more bar drinks if we asked.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nick.66
Getting Excited

We flew with BA a couple of weeks ago to FLL and I have to say i was very impressed. The cabin crew were brilliant, we went on a refurbed plane with 3-4-3. I'm well over 20st and i found the seat much more comfortable than Virgins 747 seat. In fact we were so impressed we have booked to go to Orlando with BA in September.
nick.66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs chimp
Being a bit Goofy

We flew Edinburgh to Gatwick then onto MCO and back in November with BA. Refurbed plane there and back and they cabin crew were great with our 3 kids, especially the youngest (6 months at the time).

IFE and food were of good quality and the cabin crew (especially) on the way out couldn't do enough for us. Seats are in someways less comfortable than before, pleather has replaced the previous material.

we also managed to get early boarding - probably out of sympathy as we were travelling with 3 kids under 4...
Mr & Mrs chimp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

The chances of an unrefurbished 777aircraft on BA from LGW reduce with every passing month. By the end of 2019, the entire LGW 777 fleet should be refurbished, with 10 across seating in economy.

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs chimp View Post
we also managed to get early boarding - probably out of sympathy as we were travelling with 3 kids under 4...
You would automatically get early boarding on BA when travelling with children under 5.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List