Notices

Old 6 Sep 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Unfortunately, with the ongoing Coronavirus issues, we are becoming resigned to the fact that we won't be travelling in March. We should have been packing to travel to Budapest on Monday, and little did we think back in April/May that we wouldn't be travelling!

Fortunately, with Aus flights booked using Avios, a refundable Airbnb in Sydney and only a £50pp cruise deposit, we should only have minimal losses should (when! ) we cancel.

Over the last few days, I have been looking at cruises going in March 2022, but unfortunately Princess have not released any dates yet, and although there are others already advertised, none of them tie in with the need to travel in the last two weeks of March and first week of April, to tie-in with Jo's annual leave.

However, every cloud... should the situation within Europe improve, MSC are offering NHS staff up to 50% discount for cruises next year, so we may look at a shorter Med cruise next March whilst we wait out for Aus in 2022.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!

Edited at 02:12 PM.
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
... and now, they do have cruises available in 2022, so we have rebooked on virtually the same itinerary, but in February 2022. Great service from Princess to make the change and ensuring our deposit was also transferred as a credit against the new booking.

Accommodation with Air BnB has also been cancelled with a full refund - now all I have to do is try and snag Avios flights for Feb 22 when they are released!
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
... and now, they do have cruises available in 2022, so we have rebooked on virtually the same itinerary, but in February 2022. Great service from Princess to make the change and ensuring our deposit was also transferred as a credit against the new booking.

Accommodation with Air BnB has also been cancelled with a full refund - now all I have to do is try and snag Avios flights for Feb 22 when they are released!
At least it will me GMT not BST so midnight instead of 1am watch night!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
That’s true. I did get caught with our original booking as it was made on the Monday morning after the clocks went forward, and I was panicking at midnight!
Old 13 Dec 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
And what we have been waiting for - BA notification that our March flight has been cancelled.

I was pleasantly surprised on Friday when I called BA abd got through to an agent in 20 minutes, who advised me I could also cancel the return flight in April. Within another 20 minutes, the Avios and Companion Voucher were back in my BA account, and hopefully the money will be refunded shortly, so a big to the BA Team.

So now, all there is to do is wait for the Rewards Seats to be released for travel in Feb 2022 - fingers crossed that as the service is currently showing as operated by a 787 with the new Club Suite, the same aircraft will be used when we are flying!