Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Mar 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

The trip reports linked in my sig feature young kids - for our 2019 Christmas trip, my daughter was 2 and we spent many a day with my brother and his family in the parks, who had 1 nearly-3 year old and one 6-month old.

For our 2020 trip, my daughter was 3.5.

Hope that helps a little and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions yet unanswered!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
The trip reports linked in my sig feature young kids - for our 2019 Christmas trip, my daughter was 2 and we spent many a day with my brother and his family in the parks, who had 1 nearly-3 year old and one 6-month old.

For our 2020 trip, my daughter was 3.5.

Hope that helps a little and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions yet unanswered!
Thank you... will be off to read them later. Will really help...

I think DaytonaBabe mentioned it too but when we went in 2019 with DS (22 months old) I remember saying that we would spend a lot of time at the pool breaking up the day in the parks and the heat.

But we found it more of a hassle in the first couple of days back at the hotel and him wanting to walk round the pool and then jump in etc plus he didn’t like the splash area at POFQ as didn’t like water falling on him.

So we ended up doing long days in the park and DS having 1-2 naps during the day in his pram.

However, next year I think it will be different and he will want to spend time at the pool and splash area so likely to go back to the original idea.
Old 18 Mar 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Can you please share the link for the trip report... thank you.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=Introducing
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
I think DaytonaBabe mentioned it too but when we went in 2019 with DS (22 months old) I remember saying that we would spend a lot of time at the pool breaking up the day in the parks and the heat.

But we found it more of a hassle in the first couple of days back at the hotel and him wanting to walk round the pool and then jump in etc plus he didn’t like the splash area at POFQ as didn’t like water falling on him.

So we ended up doing long days in the park and DS having 1-2 naps during the day in his pram.

However, next year I think it will be different and he will want to spend time at the pool and splash area so likely to go back to the original idea.
Yep! During our first trip when my daughter was 2, we usually did a half day (either morning or late afternoon/evening) and spent the rest of the time at our apartment off-site, it was too much to travel in and out all the time. But during our second trip, when she was 3 and we stayed on-site, we did this plenty of days, it's just easier when they're that little older!

My daughter is the same with water splashing on her, she hates it. During our week at the Poly, she played in the fabulous kids' splash area once for 10 minutes, and MUCH preferred the smaller Oasis pool the rest of the week haha!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think you can request any type (age group, I mean) of car seat you want if renting. They seem to be hotter on car seat safety in the US in general (the one we rented in 2018 had back tethers, which has only just started to come in over here, from what I can see), so I would guess a lot of 4-5 year olds would be in a 5 point harness there anyway.
Old 18 Mar 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Very helpful thread, we are hoping to visit in November with a 4 year old and a 1 year old so I'll be coming back to this for pointers.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

CharlotteInWonderland is a good UK vlogger. She does universal and Disney with her daughter who I think is now 5, she was 2/3 when she started vlogging.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Re car seats my advice is take your own , if you use a 5 point here then you should over there regardless of their car seat laws ? Which aren’t as strict as ours

As for the Doona we looked at it As we knew we’d be travelling a lot with her
But none of us liked it at all and she felt so low down in it .

We managed fine with her maxi cosi pebble and her bugaboo .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
janewah
Getting Excited

Helpful thread, thanks - thinking of November with our daughter who would be 16mos.

WDW: I-Drive - Aug 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sept 2013, Nov 2014 (engaged! ), Pop Century - Sept 2016, Sept 2018, Sept 2019, April 2022, April 2023, September 2024
NYC & California Honeymoon, Disneyland - Oct 2017
janewah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Great thread...I'll be checking out the Vlogs and TRs as we're planning on taking a 5yr old and a 2yr old in 2023.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List