Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mine was IBS as a teenager according to every Doctor I saw. It was also IBS all the way through my 20's even after many tests.

3 years ago I got diagnosed with one of the worse cases of undiagnosed crohn's disease my consultant had ever seen. Two weeks later I was in hospital having a resection.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
Mine was IBS as a teenager according to every Doctor I saw. It was also IBS all the way through my 20's even after many tests.

3 years ago I got diagnosed with one of the worse cases of undiagnosed crohn's disease my consultant had ever seen. Two weeks later I was in hospital having a resection.
Thats so scary! How are you now?
We are convinced Mason has had it for a very ling time. We was fobbed off and told it was allergies and eczema.
When the consultant saw me after the endoscopy and colonoscopy he said he couldn’t believe Mason was walking around as he was so severely diseased from mouth all the way down to anus. I still think if he had been diagnosed earlier he wouldn’t be so poorly now and it may not have caused arthritis.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Its prob a good idea to ask to send a calprotectin stool sample off. Ask your GP if they can request one. My daughter too has Crohns disease. Baseline bloods are a good idea too.
Old 28 May 21, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

The resection so far has been life changing. Perfectly healthy ( I'm a Gym rat) and for the last two years all my tests have come back showing signs of currently no active Crohn's.

Unfortunately due to the operation I now struggle to control when I need to go to the toilet due to not being to absorb the bile but then I try and do my best to stick to a strict diet...struggle with that in Florida! The only tablets I'm on are for my Iron levels but I was offered medication to support my toilet habits but I have refused them so far.

End of the day my case is probably quite rare but when I hear people being diagnosed with IBS it just angers me.

Edited at 06:57 AM.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
One thing I would suggest, is make sure they run other tests before they ask your son to eliminate things from his diet.

I actually didn’t think they could just diagnose IBS straight away now, I thought they had to do extensive tests and tests for other things first.

I had various issues for years from being a teen and I was fobbed off with different things for years before I was finally diagnosed with coeliac disease when I was 23.
Your post is so spooky! My DD has had similar symptoms since her teens and has finally been diagnosed with Coeliac disease (yesterday) at the age of 23.

She is relieved to finally know the cause of her problems, but she's devastated because whe loves her food.

All she wanted to know was could she still indulge in her favourites of Mickey Waffles and Dole Whip at WDW!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
anyone have a teen who has IBS?

ds has been having some digestive issues for a while and I spoke the gp today who thinks its probably IBS he has given him some meds to try for a month and said if they don't work then they will look at other possibilities.

Is there anything else I should be doing for him?
I world check out to see if he Gluten intolerant. A good few years ago I was seeing my doctor once a month he tried lots of meds then finally he sent me for tests I was in the hospital for well over 10 hours having different things done. A few days latter they where sent to my doctor and the results where weat intolerant. My diert changed and so did my IBS all told borderline diabetic so I will and truly up the creak but never mind
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PABBY View Post
Your post is so spooky! My DD has had similar symptoms since her teens and has finally been diagnosed with Coeliac disease (yesterday) at the age of 23.

She is relieved to finally know the cause of her problems, but she's devastated because whe loves her food.

All she wanted to know was could she still indulge in her favourites of Mickey Waffles and Dole Whip at WDW!
Interesting to hear that others have had similar experiences with getting diagnosed!

It is a huge lifestyle change, I won’t deny that, but I definitely still love food as much as I did before and I have new appreciation for it. Researching gluten free eating places for holidays is my new hobby!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Coeliac disease? Ask for a blood test before you cut out gluten. 1 in 100 of us have it.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Mine is lactose intolerant... but being a teen... she ignores it then suffers!
See if you can keep a diary (it will be the first thing you are asked to do anyway) and it may point to trigger foods.

I have IBS-M which is IBS that just can't decide what way it wants to go... and I have just been put on new meds for CSF leak symptoms... gabapentin, that makes my IBS grumble... my usual medication for IBS doesn't help... so now I have more meds... Jeez
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My eldest was diagnosed with IBS at around 10, now 16, and given medication to help clog him up and help with the cramping pains. We went dairy free for weeks but found no difference for him. He hasn’t bothered with the meds for at least a year now but still has flare ups.