Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jun 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Can’t wait to visit now. Will be on our way tomorrow
the coastline is stunning and the colour of the water is all sorts of blue, like the Caribbean.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Falmouth is chaotic and with the events square end of town closed off to mere mortals. It is exclusively allocated to the media where they are doubtless exaggerating, telling lies and putting a negative spin on everything (or at least the British ones will be).

Our normally reasonably reliable internet is all over the place and keeps crashing.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We should have organised a protest. Imagine protesting against the press and combine it with a lack of us being able to travel with 2 vaccinations.

Edited at 09:47 AM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

I was listening to some locals on the radio yesterday. One lady owned a guesthouse and had all her rooms booked out, and paid for. But nobody arrived to stay there. She was technically 'losing' money as her guests would usually order cream teas, evening meals, and drinks from the bar. Another lady ran a boat and jetski hire business. She was technically open, but had nobody to use her services as there are no tourists around. The B&Bs and hotels are apparently full of the 5000 extra policemen and also security staff. I really felt for them
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
I was listening to some locals on the radio yesterday. One lady owned a guesthouse and had all her rooms booked out, and paid for. But nobody arrived to stay there. She was technically 'losing' money as her guests would usually order cream teas, evening meals, and drinks from the bar. Another lady ran a boat and jetski hire business. She was technically open, but had nobody to use her services as there are no tourists around. The B&Bs and hotels are apparently full of the 5000 extra policemen and also security staff. I really felt for them
That's awful, you don't think of the add ons do you?
However Cornwall is advertising itself very nicely on all the pictures and I'm sure it will help it's tourism - if it's tourism needs help. It's always rammed whenever we have been.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went to carbis bay last summer and loved it! In the sunshine absolutely Caribbean-esq
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
We went to carbis bay last summer and loved it! In the sunshine absolutely Caribbean-esq
Carbis bay is very nice.. Hayle and Gwithian Towans knock spots off it though, with 4.5 miles of beautiful sand, shallow entry into the sea etc.. And of course you get an island with a lighthouse as an iconic seaside backdrop.
You can see it from Carbis Bay and that is where many locals go. You could probably stand the whole population of Devon and Cornwall on that Beach at low tide!

Edited at 05:07 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Carbis bay is very nice.. Hayle and Gwithian Towans knock spots off it though, with 4.5 miles of beautiful sand, shallow entry into the sea etc.. And of course you get an island with a lighthouse as an iconic seaside backdrop.
You can see it from Carbis Bay!
Yes stunning. Very different propositions
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post

Yes stunning. Very different propositions
I guess that the difference when you go for a day on the beach is whether you want facilities and people or whether you would prefer an absence of both.
Having to live amongst the Summer hoards every year, I go to the beaches in order to escape it. Many tourists, of course seek the Holiday atmosphere that I generally avoid between April and late September.

Most of the beaches that I visit, have in excess of 50 yards of clear sand around me.. even in high summer. I will walk a fair way or Kayak if necessary Picnic time!

Best beach in Cornwall, if you know the area of that bay well?…. The Beach just to the right of and under Hells Mouth as you look out to Sea. Deserted all year round, beautiful sand, a shipwreck, Razorbills, Little Auks, Guillimots and Seals.
It’s only a 4 mile paddle!

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Old 12 Jun 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

how long is the G7 summit on for , my work friend has booked a hotel in Falmouth for this week coming and didn't realise that was on- she was so looking forward to it.