Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you got a reply from the GP.
You are not a pest, you are a lovely mum who is understandably worried about her sick little boy.
Mason needs you to push for the best possible care for him so if you think he needs help follow your instincts and don’t stop until you are satisfied that he is getting the help he deserves
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

He never seems to get a break does he. I hope the new medication gives him some relief. Don’t feel you are a pest - Mason needs help and that’s what you are doing.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I have emailed the IBD and Dr Auth’s secretary. Sent photos and explained what the doctor said. They must think I am such a pest 🙈
Not a pest.

You put on those big girl mummy pants and pushed to ensure your wee soldier had the best possible care.

You might need to change your name to Sergeant Major Mummy, the mummy who gets things done!

Hope Mason feels the benefit of the additional medication soon. ××

Edited at 08:36 PM.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all so much, you really do lift my spirits 💗
Poor boy is rattling at the moment, he is already on two lots of antibiotics (he was constantly leaking yellow puss from his bottom) for for too much information 😬
Its all bottom and toilet talk in our house at the moment.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Poor Mason. He looks really poorly. I hope he feels more comfortable very soon. Please don’t ever think you are a pest. You have to speak up for your son. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up.
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
schnauzer
Excited about Disney

Aww bless him. I hope he starts to feel better soon xx
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Poor boy! I feel for you all, as others have said you are doing an amazing job, I really hope he feels better soon x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You are not a pest - anyone who think you are needs their head examined :-)

I am glad you got to see someone in the end.
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

My daughter has MCAS (Mast Cell Activation Syndrome). Initially we thought her itchy mouth etc was from a mild nut allergy. She had one episode that was so bad she needed to use an EpiPen. When she saw an allergist, it became clear that skin testing and specific blood tests for nut allergies were actually clinically negative! She immediately started Cromolyn for suspected MCAS. It has worked enormously to reduce the itchiness, breathing issues and chest palpations. There are specific blood tests to confirm the diagnosis. One can only be done during an active reaction. The medication has worked so well that we haven't been able to to do this.

Please contact the allergist to insist on further testing! The MCAS is treatable and all his food issues and allergies could really be helped.
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Just want to send you all a huge big hug! Poor Mason he has been through so very much 😕 His little face tells us all how poorly he is feeling.

Jane x
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List