Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Sep 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My son had chicken pox and we stayed an extra week. I could tell with the head teachers (she was a real mean witch) tone of voice she didn’t believe me and she demanded evidence. I marched into school on return with the doctors certificate, medical bill and son with pox scars just incase she needed extra evidence. Then she got the news my oldest has now got them so will be off too 🙈
Her face was a picture!

I guess they hear that many ‘tall tales’ it throws shadows over everyone else?
If I was your friend I’d happily show the evidence with a smile and thank you! 😉
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

She does not have to justify it at all. She can accept a fine if the school choose to take it down that route.

At least with providing proof of a booked flight it is easy, no extra documentation or payment needed - they just need to send a screenshot of the original document.

Schools are starting to ask for proof of sick absence now though, so she may still have been asked to prove it.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

She might be annoyed but the teacher is just doing her job and may be just trying to ensure she doesn’t get fined for unauthorised absence , I would just prove it if it was me .
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claireasol View Post
I'm not sure what she will do to be honest. She is very annoyed that had she called and said her child was ill they wouldn't be asking for proof. However she chose to tell the truth and is now cross she has to justify this
They are only doing their job, if her employer asked would she be cross.

Personally I'd just do it. Nothing to hide. All good and it shows her child that rules count.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

As long as she’s telling the truth then it’s no problem, a screenshot would take seconds to send and I’d rather prove that I’m telling the truth and avoid a fine than let them think I was trying it on.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I don’t see it as a problem at all, if anything the school may be trying to help her by authorising the absence as they were unable to get back rather than possibly needing to fine
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Scan flight ticket or receipt direct to school 5 min job, bit irrating but at least you have done your bit
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If the teacher doesn't ask for proof and a fine is issued then your friend wouldn't be very happy, maybe the teacher is just trying to be helpful.
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

To save herself a fine I don't see why she wouldn't just send the info to school tbh.
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

When a child is absent from school, there are reason codes that apply. They will want you to provide evidence. Otherwise it will be treated as an unauthorised absence.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List