Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Fab first day, it seems like a fairly relaxed pace. Aw, bless your dad being all chuffed at "almost" being a galactic hero and telling a stranger on the bus . So nice that he wore his first visit badge as well.

You girls all look great in your ears... I'm glad you got some compliments for them after all your hard work.

I also can't believe you hadn't seen the afternoon parade before this trip. I do like a parade, we don't do character meets so it's nice for me to see them out and about. Shame Max isn't bothered about seeing it again.

Sorry, I can't really join in your game I'm afraid, even though I would love to. I'm ashamed to admit that because we don't stay onsite the names of, particularly the TS restaurants, don't really stick with me. I would guess however, that Tony's either features as your favourite or you're hoping someone else will pick it as their second choice

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I think I know what Max's second choice is now but I'm going to keep my opinions to myself to see what everyone else thinks. Still a bit stumped on his first choice though, and very impressed he remembers that far back to be honest.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Fab first day, it seems like a fairly relaxed pace. Aw, bless your dad being all chuffed at "almost" being a galactic hero and telling a stranger on the bus . So nice that he wore his first visit badge as well.

You girls all look great in your ears... I'm glad you got some compliments for them after all your hard work.

I also can't believe you hadn't seen the afternoon parade before this trip. I do like a parade, we don't do character meets so it's nice for me to see them out and about. Shame Max isn't bothered about seeing it again.

Sorry, I can't really join in your game I'm afraid, even though I would love to. I'm ashamed to admit that because we don't stay onsite the names of, particularly the TS restaurants, don't really stick with me. I would guess however, that Tony's either features as your favourite or you're hoping someone else will pick it as their second choice
We wore the ears quite a lot really and it was lovely when we were complimented. It was so funny that dad got such a high score, he had no clue how he did it and we did laugh a lot about it at lunch. Obviously he didn't know it was such a big thing!

Yes it's shameful I haven't seen the parade before I really liked it. Max will do it again as I want to see it and he's a nice boy really

To be honest I hadn't even tried to think about my own choice of rstaurant to repeat. But Tony's would be very high on the list. In MK we've eaten at all the TS except from The Plaza and Tony's is top of the list for me in MK.

Cinderella's Royal Table was great but not twice as good as Tony's and so not worthy of the 2TS credits.

We've done Be Our Guest for dinner both when it was 1TS and when it changed to being 2TS and I'm not bothered about going back.

I really thought that Kate would pick Crystal Palace as she loves the Pooh characters, but she didn't and it is only a buffet so I'm not so fussed on missing out on it.

I really liked Skipper Canteen when we went in 2018, but again it wasn't as good as Tony's with the parade package and the 3 courses.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I think I know what Max's second choice is now but I'm going to keep my opinions to myself to see what everyone else thinks. Still a bit stumped on his first choice though, and very impressed he remembers that far back to be honest.
Hmm, after going through my thoughts about MK restaurants I'm now wondering if we should have 1 favourite from each park that would keep me and Max happy

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Great first day. It is only reading this that I realised we never saw the welcome show this trip!

I know it is less than the daily allocation of credits, but having been to all of them I am impressed you got through so much food!

Your mum and dad look to be having a great time, and it’s really sweet that your dad kept wearing his first visit badge
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Great first day. It is only reading this that I realised we never saw the welcome show this trip!

I know it is less than the daily allocation of credits, but having been to all of them I am impressed you got through so much food!

Your mum and dad look to be having a great time, and it’s really sweet that your dad kept wearing his first visit badge
The welcome show isn't the same now it's moved from the station but it is lovely to see all the characters. Don't worry too much about missing it...You'll have to go back again

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh Abby what a wonderful first day!
Yay for the Belle bow, love the fact Kate still wants to wear them.
Your lunch looks divine, and what a star Bryant was. It can really make the difference from an ok meal to a fab one when you get a great server. So pleased you didn’t miss FoF parade, even better you didn’t have to wait outside in the sweltering heat for long.
How nice does Polite Pig look?! That’s definitely one for the list for when we go back.
I’m so pleased your mum and dad are enjoying themselves, plus it’s lovely for Max and Kate too.
Can’t wait for Day 2!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great first day. You did loads, can’t believe you were frustrated with your progress. I miss the 8am openings though, like you i remember being able to achieve masses at rope drop.

Your mum and dad looked like they were really happy, I was laughing at you describing your mum trying to get a closer look at the show and you wanting to be positioned for a quicker walk to Big Thunder. 😂

The parade view spot looked good, it’s a good parade but I agree that I still miss the night time parades😭
Old 8 Sep 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh Abby what a wonderful first day!
Yay for the Belle bow, love the fact Kate still wants to wear them.
Your lunch looks divine, and what a star Bryant was. It can really make the difference from an ok meal to a fab one when you get a great server. So pleased you didn’t miss FoF parade, even better you didn’t have to wait outside in the sweltering heat for long.
How nice does Polite Pig look?! That’s definitely one for the list for when we go back.
I’m so pleased your mum and dad are enjoying themselves, plus it’s lovely for Max and Kate too.
Can’t wait for Day 2!
Yes I'm not sure how much longer the bows will want to be worn, but we got another year out of them which is nice. It was a really hot day and even just the 15 minutes we were watching the parade we were all sweating, so I'm glad we didn't have to wait out in the sun for it to start. The kids loved riding with mum and dad

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great first day. You did loads, can’t believe you were frustrated with your progress. I miss the 8am openings though, like you i remember being able to achieve masses at rope drop.

Your mum and dad looked like they were really happy, I was laughing at you describing your mum trying to get a closer look at the show and you wanting to be positioned for a quicker walk to Big Thunder. 😂

The parade view spot looked good, it’s a good parade but I agree that I still miss the night time parades😭
I know it was stupid really as we did fit in loads and it was such a fun day. The crowd of people waiting to go past Sleepy Hollow kept growing I was itching to get over there, but mum did like opening show and it is a cute start to the day. We didn't watch any of the castle shows during the day so I'm glad we made time for the morning show.

Old 10 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I loved to see the planning cards again this year, so cute!

Your dad with his mug made me chuckle, but he certainly pulled it back with that score! I was telling Chris about it and he now wants to find the videos on YouTube for next time

A great first day, lots of steps but still plenty of relaxing xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Your dad is so cute! Love the badge story and how proud he was of his shooting skills. Sounds like it was a fantastic first day.

I'm reading sneakily at work so I can't join in the guessing game because I'm having to read really fast and can't scroll back! I promise to join in next time
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List