Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 19 Oct 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Imagineer

FairFX for Disney account charges

Does anyone know if a pre-paid card works as the card on file with Disney?
I know there were some concerns with the $100 hold that they have started doing but havent seen anything recently.

Thanks
Hollie04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
Imagineer

It would work but personally I wouldn't use it. I spend a fair amount on my room account and the multiple charges plus the time it takes for them to drop off even when the bill is settled would tie up too much available funds.

Use a CC for the hold but pay the balance with FairFx is the way to go IMHO.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
It would work but personally I wouldn't use it. I spend a fair amount on my room account and the multiple charges plus the time it takes for them to drop off even when the bill is settled would tie up too much available funds.

Use a CC for the hold but pay the balance with FairFx is the way to go IMHO.
Thanks . We havent been since the policy changed so I havent had the hassle of holds on my account yet. Would I need to pay off the balance every 5 days to stop it charging my credit card?
I normally just use a credit card but Im considering topping up my FairFX while the exchange rate is a little better. I guess it can always go on dues if paying off the bill doesnt work!
Hollie04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
TWould I need to pay off the balance every 5 days to stop it charging my credit card?
When I asked it was auto charging cards on the fifth day and then at checkout. I would double check at check in though to avoid issues
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
When I asked it was auto charging cards on the fifth day and then at checkout. I would double check at check in though to avoid issues
Thanks
Unread 20 Oct 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
VIP Dibber

I wouldn't especially if you're staying at Disney until the end of your holiday incase you get stuck with pending amounts.
I'm going to leave my credit card on file then pay it off with my fairfx before it gets charged.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Waiting to get back on board
Unread 22 Oct 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
nicklet
Trading Disney Pins

I usually use fairfx but on my latest trip last month I used my credit card and I am glad I did, although they didn't make charges every 5 days there was multiple holds that added to over 1000 which wasn't cleared until a week after I returned home.
nicklet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado springs resort
Unread 22 Oct 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nicklet View Post
I usually use fairfx but on my latest trip last month I used my credit card and I am glad I did, although they didn't make charges every 5 days there was multiple holds that added to over 1000 which wasn't cleared until a week after I returned home.
Yikes, thats a lot! Were doing a split stay this time 5 nights then 9, so hopefully well only have one set of additional holds. I have left the credit card on file and will try to pay some off mid trip with the FairFX.
Ocean Florida