Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile Anyone feel it's just too stressful?

Recently I have begun to think that going to the USA is just too stressful. It should be simple. You book the holiday and you get the Esta..simples right?

Wrong! Soooooo many threads nowadays are frightening. From troubles at check in due to similar names on do not fly lists (DH has this!) to various esta issues (not always the individual error).

I love love love Florida and have not been anywhere else in the last 15 years BUT each time I book I am a nervous wreck until we get in the car at the other end and it gets worse every time! I know that of the thousands of people who travel every week there is a minute proportion of people who have issues but it is scary.

Is it just me reading too much, getting older or is it actually that it's that much more stressful these days? Sometimes when I have a trip booked I'm scared to read some threads as it just adds to the anxiety! DH reads nothing and just rocks up without a care in the world!
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm 55, last year was my first visit to Orlando since 1997 and I don't find it in the least bit stressful. But I don't take any notice of the frightening threads. I just get on with it.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yetihunter View Post
Recently I have begun to think that going to the USA is just too stressful. It should be simple. You book the holiday and you get the Esta..simples right?

Wrong! Soooooo many threads nowadays are frightening. From troubles at check in due to similar names on do not fly lists (DH has this!) to various esta issues (not always the individual error).

I love love love Florida and have not been anywhere else in the last 15 years BUT each time I book I am a nervous wreck until we get in the car at the other end and it gets worse every time! I know that of the thousands of people who travel every week there is a minute proportion of people who have issues but it is scary.

Is it just me reading too much, getting older or is it actually that it's that much more stressful these days? Sometimes when I have a trip booked I'm scared to read some threads as it just adds to the anxiety! DH reads nothing and just rocks up without a care in the world!
Sorry maybe I'm stupid but I really dont know what you are referring too. Perhaps you can give an example of what you find scary.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Not at all, no.

I had three trips to the US this year...

Feb half-term to Orlando - booked a week or so in advance. We did just book and go.

July to NYC - Decided to go on a daddy 'n' daughter trip to celebrate GCSEs finishing. Booked it 2-3 weeks in advance: booked and went.

July- August to Orlando - Three-week main holiday of the year. Flights booked early on but then kept changing plans. Only booked the last part of the holiday - a house with pool - a few days before we needed somewhere to sleep.

We were contemplating popping over in the October half-term, but probably won't now (but never say never) but we will probably go over in February again - can't decide on Florida or California though.

No stress with any of these, and I'm not sure why there would be...

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Sorry maybe I'm stupid but I really dont know what you are referring too. Perhaps you can give an example of what you find scary.
I find it scary that CBP may not have 'checked you out' of the USA. I find it scary that people show up at check in the find their ESTA not valid. A story not so long ago about the awful interrogation at CBP in Dublin. Have had a couple of check in issues ourselves due to a similar name and almost thought we wouldn't be going. I just remember a time when travel day was a really enjoyable experience for me but now it isn't. I just wondered if anyone felt the same, that's all.
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Nope, not scary at all, sorry. I think maybe you are over thinking things, you have been loads of times before you say so really you know how it all works.

Relax, have fun with planning and look forward to your holiday 😀
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

You need to try and relax. 99.99% of people have no trouble whatsoever but people don’t post about those as much.

Easier said than done of course
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by yetihunter View Post
I find it scary that CBP may not have 'checked you out' of the USA. I find it scary that people show up at check in the find their ESTA not valid. A story not so long ago about the awful interrogation at CBP in Dublin. Have had a couple of check in issues ourselves due to a similar name and almost thought we wouldn't be going. I just remember a time when travel day was a really enjoyable experience for me but now it isn't. I just wondered if anyone felt the same, that's all.
I understand what you mean. I am very lucky as my best mate does all of the booking etc... I just transfer money to her . Also, I have a first name that is spelt differently than normal and I have a rare second name so the chances of finding another me would be rare
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
You need to try and relax. 99.99% of people have no trouble whatsoever but people don’t post about those as much.

Easier said than done of course
That is so true!
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We find it decidedly more difficult practicality-wise, than it was 30 years ago. And it has put us off going again. That and jetlag! We just don’t need the aggravation.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List