Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Nov 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We had loads of dining credits left after last years trip and we bought cakes for one family and ice creams for another family,
We had already used loads to buy sweets to take home and didn't want to waste them, both families were delighted and we felt good too
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
We had loads of dining credits left after last years trip and we bought cakes for one family and ice creams for another family,
We had already used loads to buy sweets to take home and didn't want to waste them, both families were delighted and we felt good too
We did the same on our last day. Were in Starbucks & a lovely little family of Americans were behind us & I said to the mum are you just having coffee she said they were & some special treats for the children as it was their first day there. We let them go in front of us and when they finished ordering I said to the server, I will cover their bill along with ours (still had credits on our DDP.) I have to say it felt good to do something that gave so much pleasure to us & that family.
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

We were in Memphis this summer in a late night cafe. We bribed the hotel security guy to come with us as it wasn't the safest of places in return for his drinks and a meal! Part way through our meal, the waiter came over and said someone in the cafe wants to buy you all a drink because you're having such a good time and it was nice for them to see. In the end we managed to persuade the waiter to tell us who it was and it was a gentleman on his own sat in he corner. He ended up joining us too. It was certainly a night to remember!
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of kind , thoughtful and generous people out there. It makes the world a better place ,it's not all doom and gloom.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a nice thing to do. There are far more kind and generous people in the world than scumbags, we just don't hear about them as much.

Many years ago my nan was in hospital and my mom got the dreaded " We think you need to come quickly" phone call. It was 3am and my dad was working away so we called a taxi. I was trying to calm my mom down and as we got to the hospital, mom jumped out the car and I said to the driver " How much ?" . He just shook his head , waved his arms and said "Go go". Thought that was so lovely. I did phone the taxi company to tell them the following day. Sadly my nan died a few hours later but still remember the taxi man's kind gesture.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

What a smashing thread. The odd saltwater tear may have left my eyes reading a few of them.

The above (saltwater tears) is a reference to a Julian Lennon song which if you haven't heard of it bears checking out and deep analysis : - )

A PA of John Lennon's said John wrote a few songs for Julian to cover when Julian first started out. These outlines were written in a small journal along with a treasure trove of doodles, lyrics and thoughts. Yoko never found the journal and there was some speculation that the PA 'borrowed' it.

I often wonder if Saltwater tears is one of those songs, it's so Lennonesque and Julian's later body of songs never included anything quite so exquisite again.

Again, a lovely thread ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunlightcaller
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Lots of kind , thoughtful and generous people out there. It makes the world a better place ,it's not all doom and gloom.
It's so nice to read all the good and unexpected things that have happened to people and especially to those who have given as well. It definitely has made me think more. I recall now times I might have done something and didn't. In future I will certainly be more thoughtful.

Thanks all.
Old 16 Nov 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

That’s so nice, I love stories like this! Closest we have got to this is we were on a cruise on the queen’s birthday and I had union jack ears on, as you do, and a canadian chap behind us sent us all a free drink over as he loved the queen too.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I sat in the bar at the Yacht Club once chatting to an American about all sorts for an hour. When he left he said to the barkeep " this lady's tab's on me"
Never saw him again.
Sometimes people just do nice things
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List