Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Switched to OKW!

When free dining was released, I booked 5 x rooms at POR for 12 of us. I've been nervously waiting and watching for OKW (or second choice SSR) to be released... I wanted 2 x 2 beds but looking on past availability was resigned to staying at POR.

Randomly did a search today (wasn't showing yesterday) and a 2 bed came up in results!

I called, and was on said call for over an hour, whilst the cast member was so patient and worked her magic to get us all switched over, and voila! 2 x 2 beds booked for 2/10/20 for 10 nights

And the best bit? I'd estimated it would be around £5k (£500 per night), but the search revealed it was currently £5940. Not ideal, but workable. However, it's actually costing £4590 (£459 per night).

So, not only have we got the resort we wanted, we've got the full dining plan and what would have been the pre-free-dining-ending discounted price, too.

Very happy!

Just need flight prices to stop being ridiculous from Manchester next year now, after we lost our TC flights.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jones1982
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Congratulations, loved okw when we stayed there last year.
Jones1982 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations! Did you manage to retain the $200 gift card as well?
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Lucky you,we are trying to do the same,but no joy for our dates at all.great news on the pricing too.
we just need a 2 bed but only 3 beds available, cant quite stretch to £15k+ for the room! .will keep checking every day and hope for the best or 2 rooms at Coronado springs it is!

Edited at 10:43 PM.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Congratulations! Did you manage to retain the $200 gift card as well?
We did!

Well, we originally had $200 x5 rooms, but we've now got $200 x2 bookings, which I knew would happen.

Overall, it's working out £2.5k cheaper over the 10 nights compared to the studios at POR.

I'd seen some comments on people being told they'd have to pay the current prices and even some commenting they wouldn't get the free dining, so wanted to confirm, all is as it's always been, and you get to keep the terms of your original booking
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Lucky you,we are trying to do the same,but no joy for our dates at all.great news on the pricing too.
we just need a 2 bed but only 3 beds available, cant quite stretch to £15k+ for the room! .will keep checking every day and hope for the best or 2 rooms at Coronado springs it is!
Fingers crossed something opens up for you! I'd genuinely given up hope as I'd been tracking availability for the whole year as dates kept opening and I'd rarely seen any 2 beds at all, so I was very pleasantly surprised, especially as our check-in date is the very last day to qualify for free dining!
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Ohhh, a tip for you, just in case... When I first called, they told me I had to send an email for each of the 4 rooms that I wasn't in, giving permission for me to manage the booking (even though they were all linked in my MDE, on my email, and at my address, paid for with my card!) It was a nervous couple of hours waiting for the confirmation emails to say I could manage the bookings! Apologies if you already knew this, I definitely didn't!
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

That looks like around a 23% discount during free dining which is useful to know. Although I suspect still a bit too much for us compared to a moderate. Great for you that you’ve saved that much though! The 2 beds at OKW are amazing!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh congratulations! That’s great.
I’m still nervously waiting for just one night to be become avail in July. Starting to lose hope. Sigh 😔
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Ohhh, a tip for you, just in case... When I first called, they told me I had to send an email for each of the 4 rooms that I wasn't in, giving permission for me to manage the booking (even though they were all linked in my MDE, on my email, and at my address, paid for with my card!) It was a nervous couple of hours waiting for the confirmation emails to say I could manage the bookings! Apologies if you already knew this, I definitely didn't!
We only havec2 rooms ,1 for me,1 dh,so will just get him on the phone too,thanks for mentioning it though.they are both on my mde,paid with my card too!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List