Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Mar 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Getting irritated now! Can't get FP for FOP at all

DH and I sit there from 11:55am constantly refreshing all our laptops, phones etc and not one result comes back for FOP Rope drop seems like the idea everyone else has too

Been looking at this whole 10:37am USA time and that trick doesnt seem to work either

We've both said we dont want to queue for longer than 2 hours, but just starting to get irritated now

we're 27 days, staying off site.

Every other FP that we want isn't an issue as can get them, just FOP.
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s virtually impossible to get at 30 days as you’ve discovered. All will be taken by on site visitors at 60 days.

The 10:37 trick I think only works on the day
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It’s virtually impossible to get at 30 days as you’ve discovered. All will be taken by on site visitors at 60 days.

The 10:37 trick I think only works on the day
Yeah, I've tried the 10:37 trick as if I was already there (same day) but nothing comes up... Just wanted to know my chances were for when we're actually there.

We check constantly on the app for that day and nothing appears.

Options are:

Rope Drop
Get in Queue 10 mins before park closing.

Disheartened as don't want to queue for 3+ hours (current rate) as theres so much to see at AK and we want to take it all in.
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

In over 20 days time the waits will be very different - especially early in the day.

We are currently in Spring Break and Easter territory. Waits now will be 2-4 hours, waits at 9-10am late in April will be down to around an hour if it is anything like 7DMT was ( 10am = 2+ hours at Easter, 1ish hours end April). It is a one off, why not join a line - is the standby line different to the FP line? Would want to do that for the first time I ride anyhow...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We pitched up at rope drop and went straight to FoP and only waited for 45mins/1 hour. This was end of October when Halloween is on.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

It's rubbish anyway, don't waste your time (I'm serious, but most people rave about it so don't listen to my but I thought it was terrible). We couldn't get a sniff of a fast pass, but had a disability pass so have to wait (nearly 4 hours) but not in line. Having ridden it I wouldn't wait more than 15 mins, Everest and Dinosaur are so much better (but easy for me to say). Give it a year and it will be no problem getting on.

Otherwise, check daily, even once you are there and hope something pops up.

For us, the rope drop line was 2.5 hours as the extra magic hours were on. If you can rope drop on a day without extra magic hours you'll have a better shot at a shorter line.

Good luck!

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
We pitched up at rope drop and went straight to FoP and only waited for 45mins/1 hour. This was end of October when Halloween is on.
Rope drop it is then! DH not too keen though lol
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

If you can get to the gates an hour before opening, then they start the ride before opening time and you should have not too much of a wait and be off ready to hit the rest of the park at or soon after opening (which will be quiet as everyone is in Pandora!)
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Booked a flight of passage FP this morning for May 4th in the afternoon, I just went on and it popped up so I’m assuming someone cancelled theirs, keep checking!
Old 31 Mar 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Yeah - we booked fast pass 60 days out last year, then another about 20 days out when just exploring - worth checking - and well worth putting the effort - rope drop even - it's a groundbreaking awesome ride.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List