Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Nov 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Disappointing end to a great holiday

My daughter released last night after getting home Friday evening that she had left her tablet somewhere in Heathrow T5, I’ve checked but it hasn’t been handed in. It’s so clearly a little girls tablet, why would anyone take it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

That is a shame, but not entirely surprising. If I left a tablet somewhere in an airport, I wouldn’t expect to see it again unfortunately.
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I would have hoped that someone had handed it. Is it worth checking again in a few days?Maybe someone handed it in to a shop and they haven't taken it to lost property immediately? Perhaps I am just being optimistic but I do like to think that there are more honest people than not.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It wasn’t even an iPad or anything and it was even slightly damaged. People must be desperate.
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a shame. You never know in a few days someone may hand it in. Our son lost his iPod a few years ago on a campsite. They phoned me a couple of weeks later saying a child had returned it. I suspect a child had picked it up and when the parent realised they took it back.
We had our camera stolen on a flight a couple of weeks ago so I know how you feel.
Hope your daughter is ok, I’m sure she is really upset.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

With the way the world is these days it may have been taken by security and destroyed
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
What a shame. You never know in a few days someone may hand it in. Our son lost his iPod a few years ago on a campsite. They phoned me a couple of weeks later saying a child had returned it. I suspect a child had picked it up and when the parent realised they took it back.
We had our camera stolen on a flight a couple of weeks ago so I know how you feel.
Hope your daughter is ok, I’m sure she is really upset.
Very, all her mine craft worlds are now gone apparently.
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
With the way the world is these days it may have been taken by security and destroyed
There’s a website that lists of the things handed in, so many iPads were lost a turned in this weekend. Apparently they keep them for 3 months.
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

My niece lost hers at Luton. We had put my phone number inside the cover. One week later someone called to say they had found it on their way on holiday. They phoned on their return. You never know someone may still hand it in. If I found something I would always hand it in. Good luck
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Having worked at Heathrow it's quite possible that it hasn't actually made it to lost property yet. Sometimes things get handed in near to where the item was found and it's kept there for a couple of hours in case the person returns. After that it can sometimes take a few days for the item to reach / be logged by lost property. Keep trying and fingers crossed you'll be reunited.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List