Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunlightcaller
Gone all Goofy

An act of kindness

DW and I decided to celebrate our last meal out at the Olive garden on the 192. Could have gone to Longhorn's but we had been there just a few days before. Anyway we were show to our table which was next to a family of 4 adults and 6 children, quite well behaved which is becoming very rare these days. We had a nice meal with good service. Now, we didn't have any interaction with the family opposite, I mean sometimes a conversation will strike up especially when my rough cockney accent is heard but not this time. So our neighbours finished their meal and got up and prepared to leave. Then without a word or glance from the guy who paid their bill he put what turned out to be an Olive garden gift card on our table, I said thanks and they left.I looked at DW who looked as bemused as me. So I put the gift card with my credit card and waited for the bill and I could not believe it when I read the check that came back. Over half our bill was paid by the gift card. Now it might have been some corporate perk or some such thing but I felt humbled and grateful but moreover I wanted to thank the guy but obviously couldn't. So even though he's never gonna know.

To the unknown man I THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Old 15 Nov 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

That’s so nice makes you feel better about the world when there are people like that
Old 15 Nov 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

It was a lovely thing to do ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Wow how very kind - some truly nice people out there 👍
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

We've had a similar experience twice in Orlando. Once a couple at the table next to us gave us a $30 gift card in Bahama Breeze but on the second occasion (funnily enough our last night too) someone paid for our complete meal in T Rex which was over $100. I asked the server if she could tell me who it was so I could thank them but she wouldn't so we all spent the next ten minutes or so trying to spot someone glancing over but couldn't.
Since then each time we go I pay for the customer behind me in a drive through( various places ranging from Starbucks to Wendy's) usually do that once a week whilst there
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

This happened to me once but in New Orleans, I was waiting at the (very busy) bar to order hotdogs and beers and got talking to a couple of guys. When he realized I had been waiting he called the server and I ordered. I was about to hand my money over and he insisted that it was on him. I tried to give him the money, which he would not accept so I thanked him a lot and went to tell the other half. We finished our food and and as leaving the bar he was still there, I have never seen my other half walk up to a stranger and shake their hand.

Not an expensive meal but a lovely, and appreciated gesture! Another reason I love New Orleans so much!
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We had a similar experience in New York
Our son and DIL were getting married at the court house she wanted a yellow cab to take us there just the 4 of us Her in her wedding dress DHand DS in full kilt garb the whole que said good luck go to the front and the guy behind paid the fare on the way back she wanted to go on the sub way again the good wishes and several folks gave them money
Made their day believe me
Just one small act can make somebodies day complete
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

That's lovely, what a kind thing to do.
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Aw, how lovely!
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
There is something so special about moments like this.

It makes your night at Olive Garden one you will remember and talk about forever

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List