Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Nov 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
When it says select dining plans not included, it means quick service dining plan not included
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
When it says select dining plans not included, it means quick service dining plan not included
I thought that at first, but as I say I have a 26/4 brunch booking and a 10/5/brunch booking. They say different things, the Mother’s Day one says select dining plans not accepted, the other one says select dining plans accepted.

My Victoria & Albert booking, which I know will not take dining plan says “Select dining plans not accepted” same wording as the Mother’s Day brunch at CG.

The email I got after making the Mother’s Day one just now, clearly states no dining plans.

Edited at 07:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
This is so helpful, thank you. I have always avoided it as I have assumed it was always raw - obviously I see that’s very wrong now!

Since it’s on offer anyway and now I have some knowledge what I’m looking for I’ll have a go.

I do love crab and lobster so hopefully the California Roll it offered would be a good start
Sushi definitely does not mean raw. In fact “sushi” refers to cold rice. I would say it is 50:50 whether there is any raw stuff involved, possibly slightly more of the cooked stuff.

Sashimi by definition is raw, so it takes a bit more getting used to, I would start with salmon (if you like smoked salmon you will have some familiarity with the texture), then tuna, the raw white fish is a bit harder to eat and I do find myself pickier with that.

The California roll is a crowd pleaser, very easy to eat. Eel is a lovely sushi ingredient too, it doesn’t sound nice but it is (it would always be cooked).
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Sushi definitely does not mean raw. In fact “sushi” refers to cold rice. I would say it is 50:50 whether there is any raw stuff involved, possibly slightly more of the cooked stuff.

Sashimi by definition is raw, so it takes a bit more getting used to, I would start with salmon (if you like smoked salmon you will have some familiarity with the texture), then tuna, the raw white fish is a bit harder to eat and I do find myself pickier with that.

The California roll is a crowd pleaser, very easy to eat. Eel is a lovely sushi ingredient too, it doesn’t sound nice but it is (it would always be cooked).
I do really like salmon so perhaps if the California Roll and the Shrimp Tempura go okay, I might be brave and try some salmon nigiri which I believe is raw salmon over rice? They do serve all three at the brunch so I suppose if it’s not for me there will be other options but I’m doing the brunch before Morimoto Asia so if the sushi is a hit then I can be more adventurous at MA
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
I do really like salmon so perhaps if the California Roll and the Shrimp Tempura go okay, I might be brave and try some salmon nigiri which I believe is raw salmon over rice? They do serve all three at the brunch so I suppose if it’s not for me there will be other options but I’m doing the brunch before Morimoto Asia so if the sushi is a hit then I can be more adventurous at MA
Yes salmon nigiri would be raw salmon, served on top of an oblong lump of rice.

Morimoto Asia was outstanding, whether you have sushi or not, we didn’t when we went as we wanted to do other things that night, I reviewed it here. Enjoy!
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I'd second the shrimp tempura if you are wanting to try sushi. It's cooked prawns in batter. They also do salmon - if you like smoked salmon you'll like that.

I've just put my review up of the brunch with lots of photos of the buffet. It's day 4.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1153024
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
I'd second the shrimp tempura if you are wanting to try sushi. It's cooked prawns in batter. They also do salmon - if you like smoked salmon you'll like that.

I've just put my review up of the brunch with lots of photos of the buffet. It's day 4.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1153024
Oh thanks so much for this, I hadn’t caught up with your update yet. I’m off to read
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I booked yesterday for brunch May 10th as well, I didn't think Id get it as I know its mothers day, but its our only Sunday there so it was that one or nothing. We loved it last time so is a must do for us! Definitely says on my email no DDP though. If you do keep your reservation - see you there!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by elliecjno1 View Post
I booked yesterday for brunch May 10th as well, I didn't think Id get it as I know its mothers day, but its our only Sunday there so it was that one or nothing. We loved it last time so is a must do for us! Definitely says on my email no DDP though. If you do keep your reservation - see you there!
Did you phone up to book for the 10th? I’ve been checking the app but nothing appears for brunch, only dinner. We were hoping to do this for Mother’s Day but reading other posts, I’d rather use our dining plan credits than pay OOP.
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Duck View Post
Did you phone up to book for the 10th? I’ve been checking the app but nothing appears for brunch, only dinner. We were hoping to do this for Mother’s Day but reading other posts, I’d rather use our dining plan credits than pay OOP.
I booked Mother’s Day brunch yesterday (as a test, since cancelled). I did it on the website rather than the app, I find a few things are not bookable on the app, I couldn’t book Cinderella’s Royal Table on the app either, only website.