Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Nov 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mickey
a Friend of the DIBB

Via Amsterdam

Hi

Anyone flew via Amsterdam (Virgin operated by Delta), if so is this a Virgin plane. Also what was your experience of this in terms of time of stop over.

Thanks
Magic Mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Magic Mickey View Post
Hi

Anyone flew via Amsterdam (Virgin operated by Delta), if so is this a Virgin plane. Also what was your experience of this in terms of time of stop over.

Thanks
If the flight schedule says Virgin operated by Delta then it will be a Delta aircraft.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mickey
a Friend of the DIBB

Thank you very much 👍
Magic Mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzi07
Looking for my Ears

Hello
Yes, we did this in October (from Edinburgh). I booked it on the Virgin website but it was operated by KLM/Delta on the way out and just Delta on the way back. We had a layover of around 3 hours in Amsterdam which worked out fine (I didn’t want to do a shorter stop for fear of delay etc) and everything was on time - we had a nice lunch and a wander round the shops etc at the airport, there are plenty there. I was really impressed by Delta - comfy seats, great food and service and good entertainment. The flight takes a bit longer going from Amsterdam - ours was just over 9 hours - but it was a lot cheaper than going direct from Scotland. I would happily do it again. The flight we got left Edinburgh at about 9.30am and we arrived Orlando about 6.30pm their time. On the way back we went via JFK and did Delta comfort + for the JFK to Edinburgh bit as it was only a tiny bit more expensive. Food etc was not as good on that flight but I think that was due to it being a shorter/overnight flight. We had a 3 hour stop in JFK again, got tea and did some shopping etc, which was fine. I think on the way back it is best to have a short flight then a stop and then do the longer stint, nothing worse than sitting in an airport in the early hours of the morning after a 9 hour flight and hanging around for your next one! Hope you find something good!
Suzi07 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mickey
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Thank you very much, that’s quite reassuring 👍🏻

Our outbound flight is direct with the return flight via Amsterdam.
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Suzi07
Looking for my Ears

Ah well you will be doing that hanging around after a long flight thing but sure the trip will be worth it!
Suzi07 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mickey
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

It’s all part of the fun and adventure 😁
Old 22 Nov 19, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

We flew KLM/Delta last week via Amsterdam and everything was great, I don't have a bad word to say about Delta, very good flight, food and entertainment.
Old 22 Nov 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

We flew from Inverness - Orlando via Amsterdam in September. Was our first time trying this route and I wouldnt hesitate to go this way again.

KLM from Inverness - Amsterdam, Delta from Amsterdam - Orlando. Couldnt fault either airline, very happy with service etc from both airlines.

Would recommend
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Another 👍 for klm/delta via AMS

We did CWL-AMS-DTW recently and I will definitely look at that routing for my next Orlando trip as I live a short bus ride from cardiff airport.

Booked via virgin and did comfort+ for the transatlantic legs
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List