Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have been known to check on mine if I hear a noise, mine are 17 and 23. Used to do it when ds was at home and he’s 28, he bogged of to Canada so I can’t anymore. My kids stay up later than me so check on me and dh and the dog lol! If they hear a noise they come running in!
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Terrible mum here, its been years since I last checked without them being ill, and they are 16 and 13.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mine are 17 and I check in before I go to bed but they are usually still up and awake.
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Every night before I go to bed (and sometimes randomly in the middle of the night) I always check on the kids. I’m not completely sure why but I feel it has to be done.
I know what you mean ds is 20 and dd 8 and I still check on them before I go to bed/during the night and in the morning.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I do look in on daughter (14) before I go to bed but it’s usually to check she hasn’t sneaked her phone upstairs !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Mine are 17 and 20 and one is at Uni but home most weekends. I check if I go to bed last. I’m always up first and the first thing I do is have a look at them. If my son has been out and gets in after we have gone to bed and I wake up in the night I’ll checks he’s back and breathing. I don’t think it ever leaves you from the baby day’s.
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

If mine twenty somethings are home without their partners I still check if they’ve been out drinking!
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Terrible mum here, its been years since I last checked without them being ill, and they are 16 and 13.
I thought I was the only one after reading the rest of these! My girls are even the exact same ages. The 13 year old I only look in on occasionally when I go up to make sure she is actually sleeping. I certainly don't go in if I get up in the night.

The 16 year old is autistic and has a baby monitor due to her anxiety but I never open her door once I say goodnight unless she calls me. I wouldn't want to wake up her dog for one thing.

Am I the only one extremely surprised that parents are checking on adult children? I can't imagine my mother ever doing that after I was about 5. What exactly are you checking for?
Old 22 Nov 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I must be an horrendous mum as I haven't checked on mine since they got to about 4 unless they where ill.
Now 21 and 18 and if they are ill they will shout me if they need me. Wouldn't dream of entering their bedrooms without being asked.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I must be an horrendous mum as I haven't checked on mine since they got to about 4 unless they where ill.
Now 21 and 18 and if they are ill they will shout me if they need me. Wouldn't dream of entering their bedrooms without being asked.
Me too. I think I would scare the bejeezus out of them if I opened their doors to check on them😂
Although if dd is on a night out, I don’t generally sleep until she is home safe.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List