Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Dec 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
grannyed
Very Serious Dibber

Booked, tips and advice needed

Hi
Myself and my DD along with two grandchildren aged 6 and 8 have booked for 15-18 Feb at Hotel Cheyenne with free standard half board. Leaving the menfolk at home.
We are travelling down from York the day before and then getting the direct train from St Pancras in the morning.
I understand that we can book to have our luggage taken direct to our hotel room, from the train, can I do this on the train? Also can we do it for the return?
Should we book restaurants for our main meal?
Not sure how to but will work it out if it’s advisable
Any other tips... also where can we find park opening hours for our stay

Thanks in advance for any tips, advice etc.
grannyed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

You need to add the Disney Express luggage service to your booking with your travel agent or Disney. I don't think it goes to your hotel room, just the hotel luggage storage room. At the end of your stay you give your luggage to the luggage room with the Disney Express tags and they take it to the station for you, which you then have to collect around an hour before your train departs. You pay per person so it does add up, I personally wouldn't bother unless you have mobility issues. You can also just do it one way when you check out and the price will be around 20 euros or so. There are lockers in the station or you can store your luggage for free in the hotel luggage room.

I think as you are going over a weekend in half term it might be worth booking at least a couple of sit down meals, especially if you have a meal plan. If you aren't bothered or don't have the meal plan then you could probably wing it as there are places to eat that don't need reservations like Annettes, Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood (don't recommend) and Vapianos. Plus the non table service places are decent for meals.

Park hours are on the website. I definitely recommend making use of the extra magic time.
disneylandparis/en-g...rs/park-hours/
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
We have the DLP hours here...

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/par...?hours=02+2020
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
As MissJ says, unless you have mobility issues or lots of luggage I wouldn’t bother with the luggage service and save your money.
When you come out of the train station the bus station is in front of you.
The Cheyenne is a short (free) bus ride away or about a 20-30min walk through the Disney Village.

We’ve been in Feb half term a few times - we didn’t book any meals and were seated within about 10mins. However if you are on the dining plan then either ring up and book in advance or use the hotel concierge to book them for you.

Edited: wrap up warm! We had snow last time we went in Feb. Plenty of layers.

Edited at 02:39 PM. Reason: Add info
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Agree what others have said. Luggage isn’t worth doing on the way there. It’s really easy to jump on the bus and dump your bits at the room and freshen up. We have always done the Disney Express on the way home though as it means you can relax in the park and go straight to the train station when you need to leave. Get there an hour before departure and be prepared for a long queue. The train won’t leave without you though. We have also been in February and whilst we had a great time you must wrap up warm, especially thermal socks. It can be bone crushingly cold standing in a queue in that weather. As long as you have the right clothes it is great.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you download the DLP app you can check the opening hours, parade times and use it whilst there to look at queue times. If you want to meet the characters you will also need the Lineberty app to try and get meet and greet slots for the Studios park. Definitely use the extra magic hours, at Easter we could get on 4-5 rides in the first hour. The fireworks are at the park closing time every day.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
suzyandperla
I want to go now!

Mobile

For food I would avoid Annette's. It was nice enough and a great use of the meal credit but the service was ridiculously slow both times we went.
suzyandperla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List