Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Not the same health issue but we find if our daughter has had an hospital stay within 12 months the insurance goes up unfortunately
Hope your husband is ok x
Yep same for us too, Hubbie broke a bone in his wrist had an operation & I had to declare it as within the last year, put up our premium by £30 🙄
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Yep same for us too, Hubbie broke a bone in his wrist had an operation & I had to declare it as within the last year, put up our premium by £30 🙄
Thanks , I expected it would go up but not by £270 xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

My additional medical cost was £66, part of which was diverticular disease, however it wasn't within the last year. Insurance is with Boots
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Thanks everyone , I’m going to call a few of them tomorrow and see what they say , seems it’s ridiculous that they should charge so much for such a minor thing , he was admitted to hospital and after testing was diagnosed with this but not had any bother since , In my mind if he was admitted after diagnosis it would be understandable but I think I’m not looking at it objectively 😂 ! I’ll post when I speak to them but I really appreciate your answers xxx
If you suffer from it I don't think you would call it minor. The pain can be extreme and it can cause bowel perforations resulting in a colostomy- extreme cases I know but my last admission I had to have a CT contrast scan to exclude perforation

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
If you suffer from it I don't think you would call it minor. The pain can be extreme and it can cause bowel perforations resulting in a colostomy- extreme cases I know but my last admission I had to have a CT contrast scan to exclude perforation
I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to belittle it , believe me when my husband was admitted I thought I was losing him ! He suffered a massive blood loss and was doubled in pain , I used this term as the doctor’s said it was a minor health concern and that most people over the age of 55 have it and it’s just not flared up yet ! So I’m sorry if I have offended you in any way xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a check at the doctors recently and told him I was going to Florida and asked him for a list of my health problems and which I should mention, some I have had for years and have been on my records before.I was surprised to see Diverticulosis on the list from 2012,and I told him no one had ever told me this especially when I have never had any symptoms then or since. The doctor said they might be more interested with a nose bleed a few months ago which I ended up in hospital for 3 days.(I am on warfarin). puts you off wanting to go on holiday I used to get free ins through our bank but once you pass the dreaded 70 it becomes a lot harder. will just have to compare a few.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Totally agree I nearly lost my life due to diverticular disease and end up having three quarters of my large bowel removed.
A flare up is extremely painful and debilitating and my doctor and consultant have made it very clear that if I have any symptoms at all I cannot fly.
It loads about £250 on to my insurance and my doctor always gives me a complete course of two antibiotics to take with me just in case I have a flare up when I'm out there as time is of the Essence if diverticula strikes.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My husband has diverticulitis and I must admit I was shocked when our travel insurance almost doubled.
He’s been lucky and never had a flare up or an unplanned hospital admission.
Our insurance last year was just over £300 with our medical conditions this year one of mine was excluded as it was over 5 years and no longer an issue but I have cellulitis at the moment and am on antibiotics our insurance quotes were coming out at almost £600.
I’ve now had insurance through our bank with everything covered for a lot less.
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Notte510
Trying for More Ears

have you tried insurancewith.com? My compare the market style quotes were coming in after screening online at £400, the above were £130.
Notte510 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Notte510 View Post
have you tried insurancewith.com? My compare the market style quotes were coming in after screening online at £400, the above were £130.
Thank you I’ll give them a go xxx