Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jan 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Swan and dolphin question

1st time staying here. Is it a Disney hotel without the theming? Do you get Disney buses to and from the parks and in particular Disney springs? Is there a food court and refillable mugs? Thanks for any help
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry I have nothing useful to add, but the idea of a hotel with a giant Sean on the top gave me a well needed smile today
Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've not stayed at the Swan and Dolphin but have looked at them as options over the years.

They are "on-site" hotels, but not run by Disney. What this means is (unless things have changed, which they well might have after 2020):
- You get Disney buses to/from the parks and Disney Springs. From what I recall these buses tend to be shared with the other Boardwalk area hotels (BC/YC/BW).
- You do not get Magical Express to/from MCO
- They charge resort fees
- They don't use Magic Bands to the same extent as the Disney resorts (though Disney resorts are no longer giving out free Magic Bands). So room doors don't open with Magic Bands...

I think you also can't charge to room from anywhere on Disney if staying at the Swan/Dolphin but I am not 100% sure on this.

Also, I don't believe they have refillable mugs (this is more of a Disney resort thing) but I might be wrong on this. Not sure about food court. They do have some food outlets. There is a Disney gift shop in either the Swan or Dolphin (or both, I've walked past one but can't remember which hotel that was).
Old 9 Jan 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
1st time staying here. Is it a Disney hotel without the theming? Do you get Disney buses to and from the parks and in particular Disney springs? Is there a food court and refillable mugs? Thanks for any help
Perhaps it might be worth adding this question to the thread you started a couple of days ago

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1186484

as that will keep your answers in one place.

It does get confusing at times with all the different threads and headings but I am sure you will get lots of ideas from our friendly bunch.

Edited at 06:29 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Originally Posted by C4rla View Post
Sorry I have nothing useful to add, but the idea of a hotel with a giant Sean on the top gave me a well needed smile today
Ha ha ha gotta love iPhone auto correct lol
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They’re not owned by Disney but you do get some of the privileges. For example you get the 60 day FP (when it’s on) but don’t get magic bands. There’s transport to the parks and the boats from the Epcot resorts stop there too.
There’s not really a food court but they do have quick service options. I’m not aware of a refillable mug. Both hotels are so close to the Epcot resorts though you could purchase a mug from one of those and use it there if you really wanted.

Have you had a look at the website? Or looked at google earth to see the location?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I'm sure the Swan and Dolphin no longer use Disney buses, they now use Mears transportation instead,so if you were going to Magic Kingdom you'd no longer be dropped off at the park entrance and would have to get the ferry from the TTC.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
I'm sure the Swan and Dolphin no longer use Disney buses, they now use Mears transportation instead,so if you were going to Magic Kingdom you'd no longer be dropped off at the park entrance and would have to get the ferry from the TTC.
Or walk (or boat) to the YC or BWI and use Disney buses . It isn’t far .
With the demise of free dining I would choose the Swan or Dolphin over the BC as I don’t need Mickey on everything
I’ve stayed in the Swalphin , BWI and BC. And when taking cost as well as everything else that’s the order I’d book them in , if money was no object I’d choose the BWI though.

Edited at 08:04 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
boardwalk a few mins stroll, and the boat shuttles are great. Good views, well are room did. rooms are nice and there is a disney concierge where you can sort stuff out like magic bands etc. you pay for parking but thats across the board now, but unlike disney resorts not sure if the parking ticket at the S&D gets you into the parks.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pritch View Post
boardwalk a few mins stroll, and the boat shuttles are great. Good views, well are room did. rooms are nice and there is a disney concierge where you can sort stuff out like magic bands etc. you pay for parking but thats across the board now, but unlike disney resorts not sure if the parking ticket at the S&D gets you into the parks.
According to their site, you do get free parking at the parks if you have paid for it at Swan/Dolphin.

I've been looking around and noticed some big differences in pricing - some of which is because the resort fees ($30 per day, due to go up this year to $35 per day) - are included.

Booking direct through the hotel is not the cheapest I have found.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List