Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Jan 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

😂😂😂 I just saw someone on another forum ask if this means lowered hotel room rates.
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
😂😂😂 I just saw someone on another forum ask if this means lowered hotel room rates.
I suspect its in answer to the "well you pay for it anyway in your hotel stay" types.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fundamentally, some won't care.others will, Disney has a never ending pot of people who want to go and will pay whatever for whatever they get. I've always believed that budget to moderate rooms are essentially a motel however for me as an individual the gradual chipping away of the "special things" is not so much about value it's about the experience, I've been going to Disney since the late 80s much has changed some things much better done things much worse. Restaurants are not what they on e were customer service definitely has gone down. But it's all subjective to each individuals needs. A family needing two three car seats who don't drive would have found the DME invaluable, a couple who can nip into an Uber not so much so,. Those with late risers would prefer EMH in the evening. Early riser prefer morning hours. I personally hate the new fast pass system and preferred the old paper one. Others think it's brilliant

Calling out people for having a preference is not particularly clever

I wasn't going back to Disney anyway but I can see why others don't like these new changes. Disney won't care until they have to from a business sense
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
These changes, whilst obviously not popular judging by this thread, would not stop me from staying at a Disney Resort. We never used the Magical Express as we always hire a car. I think the idea of opening all of the parks 30 minutes early each day to resort guests is a good one, helping to spread the load. It's enough time to get a "headliner" done before general admission. Also, when we had the Dining Plan we found it a bit restrictive, having to make reservations months out and being at a certain place at a certain time just wasn't for me.
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
How much awake time do you spend in those ‘motel’ rooms? Just curious.

Personally I see the extra 30 mins in the morning every day across all four parks a better option than the hour at one park per day.

We do not use evening hours anymore and always early starters.

Don’t have to get up as early ie extra 30 mins in bed... great.

Hotel guests dispersed over the 4 parks and not one... great.
Why not have an hour at all the parks? By the time you have gotten through the queue, 15 mins has probably gone. It doesn't matter how much time I spend in my room, they are no longer giving any incentives to spend a lot of extra money to stay at a Disney resort. Some people do have resort days. You may not use evening hours, others do.

Over the last few years Disney has become more about the dollar than the customer. There could be a balance but the top executives don't care anymore. This has been going on way before the Covid pandemic before anyone uses that excuse as well.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Evening EMH were difficult to ‘police’ and it was pretty much accepted they didn’t really work. People stayed and hung around - OK they couldn’t get on rides but they shopped, ate and wandered.

I would prefer longer morning EMH but I think offering every park every day is good.

In Tokyo you only get 15 minutes!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
I suspect its in answer to the "well you pay for it anyway in your hotel stay" types.
I'll write to Bob Chapek asking him to pass the savings onto the customer.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I'll write to Bob Chapek asking him to pass the savings onto the customer.
That letter is ‘filed’ immediately, in a filing cabinet that looks remarkably like a shredder.
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The issue is that we have such different holiday plans than the Americans that changes affect us to a far greater extent.

We all know that the average American family will spend circa 4 days at WDW, probably fly or drive there, pre pay for the food and go full on for the time they are there.

They can absorb additional costs far better than for example a British family spending 14 or even 21 nights there whereby any additional or unforeseen costs are magnified greatly.

When I was working a number of my employees had been to Disney or were planning to go - once!

This forum is full of people who go on average every year or even multiple times a year. Thus we are more canny, more aware of what we perceive to be a drip drip erosion of what we consider to be our right to experience and switched on to how to achieve best value.
Sadly the World has changed and we either roll with it or vote with our feet.

I lay odds that most who say they wont go again or will stay offsite in the future will change their minds.

I am the quintessential Disney cynic and view them as a machine that is trying to fleece me. However they view me as an individual who wont be fleeced and does what he wants not what they want. I'm not the type of Guest they want on property as they struggle to squeeze money out of me.

Overpriced distinctly mediocre food - forget it
Paid for FP's - forget it
No DME - I would pay for an Uber (I hire actually)
Disney merchandise - not for me.

We all need to be more adept at how we allow Disney to manage our time there and that's the only way things will change. However don't hold your breath as they exist for one reason only. Income generation

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Fundamentally, some won't care.others will, Disney has a never ending pot of people who want to go and will pay whatever for whatever they get. I've always believed that budget to moderate rooms are essentially a motel however for me as an individual the gradual chipping away of the "special things" is not so much about value it's about the experience, I've been going to Disney since the late 80s much has changed some things much better done things much worse. Restaurants are not what they on e were customer service definitely has gone down. But it's all subjective to each individuals needs. A family needing two three car seats who don't drive would have found the DME invaluable, a couple who can nip into an Uber not so much so,. Those with late risers would prefer EMH in the evening. Early riser prefer morning hours. I personally hate the new fast pass system and preferred the old paper one. Others think it's brilliant

Calling out people for having a preference is not particularly clever

I wasn't going back to Disney anyway but I can see why others don't like these new changes. Disney won't care until they have to from a business sense
Again just curious... let’s go back to the 90s before DME, before FP, before EMH (not too sure when these started exactly). The good ol’ days. What did people complain about then?

I guess people have maybe been ‘spoilt’ (subjective) these past 15-20 with the supposed perks and incentives for staying onsite.

Times change... who knows what is round the corner, what the demand is going to be like for US / International travel etc.

They are a business... as every other theme park, hotel, whatever is in the world.

As long as you do or don’t see value in something means whether you use that business or not.

Simples...

Edited at 09:35 AM.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List