Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Jan 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
That letter is ‘filed’ immediately, in a filing cabinet that looks remarkably like a shredder.
😆 If I ever come across that man, God help him.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Again just curious... let’s go back to the 90s before DME, before FP, before EMH (not too sure when these started exactly). The good ol’ days. What did people complain about then?

I guess people have maybe been ‘spoilt’ (subjective) these past 15-20 with the supposed perks and incentives for staying onsite.

Times change... who knows what is round the corner, why the demand is going to be like for US / International travel etc.

They are a business... as every other theme park, hotel, whatever is in the world.

As long as you do or don’t see value in something means whether you use that business or not.

Simples...
They are a business that doesn't seem to care about its customers. They are taking away things but that won't be reflected in prices. I will not wear rose tinted glasses just because its disney.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Why not have an hour at all the parks? By the time you have gotten through the queue, 15 mins has probably gone. It doesn't matter how much time I spend in my room, they are no longer giving any incentives to spend a lot of extra money to stay at a Disney resort. Some people do have resort days. You may not use evening hours, others do.

Over the last few years Disney has become more about the dollar than the customer. There could be a balance but the top executives don't care anymore. This has been going on way before the Covid pandemic before anyone uses that excuse as well.
You liken it to a motel room that’s why I am asking. Do you pay the money to spend it in the room or do you pay for the resort? Location, facilities, perks etc...

I guess when choosing offsite you don’t pick a hotel for it’s room... it is a place to generally sleep and get ready...

That is why I asked the question.

If I wanted to stay in a hotel room I would go to the crown plaza a mile away from me instead of 4500 miles away.

Let’s make no mistake... Disney has always been about the dollar. Tell me one business that isn’t...

Would love an extra hour each day at the parks... agree there. But still across the parks they are open for an hour longer than they used to (in the morning only of course)

Edited at 09:23 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
No free dining and no fastpasses will stop me staying onsite. I'll still have an amazing holiday off-site and it will be cheaper.

More early paid events to come definitely. Having done a Toy Story one it was amazing but expensive. For me I'd consider a cheaper off-site hotel and use the savings to fund a couple of these. I know that plays in to corporate Disney's hands but all still.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

You liken it to a motel room that’s why I am asking. Do you pay the money to spend it in the room or do you pay for the resort? Location, facilities, perks etc...

I guess when choosing offsite you don’t pick a hotel for it’s room... it is a place to generally sleep and get ready...

That is why I asked the question.

If I wanted to stay in a hotel room I would go to the crown plaza a mile away from me instead of 4500 miles away.

Let’s make no mistake... Disney has always been about the dollar. Tell me one business that isn’t...
Both. Room and resort facilities.
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Swan and dolphin isn't run by Disney is it? Or am I wrong?
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
They are a business that doesn't seem to care about its customers. They are taking away things but that won't be reflected in prices. I will not wear rose tinted glasses just because its disney.
No one said you had to 🤔
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Again just curious... let’s go back to the 90s before DME, before FP, before EMH (not too sure when these started exactly). The good ol’ days. What did people complain about then?

I guess people have maybe been ‘spoilt’ (subjective) these past 15-20 with the supposed perks and incentives for staying onsite.

Times change... who knows what is round the corner, why the demand is going to be like for US / International travel etc.

They are a business... as every other theme park, hotel, whatever is in the world.

As long as you do or don’t see value in something means whether you use that business or not.

Simples...
I'm not going to respond in full because I'm not moaning I'm offering MY VIEWS..had you taken the time I clearly stated things changed for the good and for the bad

I'm not going back ,wasn't going back because I don't think they give value for money anymore. That's my opinion

Hundreds of thousands will return.futute generations

Why is it that some people on this site want to start an argument over anything and everything

I'm out This was a nice "in my point of view"thread and then... name calling and everyone having to justify what they do and don't like.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=duchy;14790599]Why $200 to replace DME ? Even XL is $50 each way .

Not a fan of Uber.

I need a 100% guarantee of kids car seats. Always use Mears and they never let me down.
That was the beauty of the DME for people with young kids as you get off the plane and get on a bus. No car seats required.

People with large families and young kids now have extra stress and expense.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I'm not going to respond in full because I'm not moaning I'm offering MY VIEWS..had you taken the time I clearly stated things changed for the good and for the bad

I'm not going back ,wasn't going back because I don't think they give value for money anymore. That's my opinion

Hundreds of thousands will return.futute generations

Why is it that some people on this site want to start an argument over anything and everything

I'm out This was a nice "in my point of view"thread and then... name calling and everyone having to justify what they do and don't like.
No name calling at all on this thread or trying to start an argument. You have justified in your own way why you don't think Disney is not value any more, whereas people have questioned or provided their own justifications for why it is still value or the removal of these 'perks' has no affect.

Just because your views are questioned doesn't mean people want to start a fight. It is a forum.

Sorry you feel this way.

Edited to add... also didn’t say you were moaning. Not sure where you got this from...

Edited at 11:01 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List