Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Keeping Quaran-teens occupied in lockdown

I know it’s not unusual for teens to be sat in their rooms and playing on computers etc, but I think my girls are starting to get bored of it and I’m trying to think of things for them to do. They’re missing school. Thankfully they have each other, as their friends aren’t all on WhatsApp so they’re not really speaking to anyone else outside of the house and I think they’re feeling a bit socially isolated. We make sure that we sit together each night to watch something, but I was wondering if other people had ideas. It’s cold and wet so they don’t really want to go on walks. When they have lessons, they’re online say in front of a computer from 8:40-3:30 and it’s a long boring day, though as they do like school they probably are enjoying some of it.

Edited at 10:33 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Board games; online escape rooms; new hobby? Sewing, photography, knitting.

Before Xmas, I asked each member Of the family to write down an activity on a small slip of paper, which we folded and put into a pot. When bored we picked one out and had to do it.

Film night; karaoke; bake together; cook a meal - one course each; go for a hike; play a game; cheese tasting session

Do they have any music lessons? This can be done via zoom if you can get hold of an instrument
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Is there somewhere you like to go on holiday (other than the USA). You could learn a language together?
Find recipes online and cook? Or bake cakes.
Knit, crochet, sew?
It’s hard isn’t it x
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Cook and eat dinner together?

I've almost taken to baiting my son just to amuse myself!

Edited at 10:44 PM.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Or some exercise classes together? I’ve taken up yoga and I’m trying meditation too
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Learn a skill:

Flower arranging
Language
Dress making
Knitting
Crochet

Have a spa day
Do an online makeup course together
Watch a David Attenborough show
Download Stellarium and do some stargazing
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have you got a switch, me, dd and ds have been playing just dance it’s very funny. January isn’t a great month for outdoors but I would get them baking and cooking, puzzles and games xx
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I know its cold, wet and miserable at the moment would I would try my hardest to get them wrapped up and out for a walk. Fresh air and light exercise is so good for mental health, you feel better and sleep better.
We often go out and end up laughing our socks off because we are so wet or so muddy, head home then have a nice hot shower and a warm drink etc
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We loved doing the Disney cartoon drawings from the Disney artists on YouTube during the summer.
There’s also some great 1000 piece Disney jigsaws we’ve enjoyed, 20 minutes here are there throughout the day.
What about doing each other’s hair/make up/nails and taking some nice pictures together.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

How old are they? Can they meet a friend for a walk?
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List