Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

This Photo

BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Walking across the bridge in Venice (Las Vegas) and everyone clapping and cheering
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Just as i was leaving for the church my parents phone rang and it was my soon to be husband asking where his belt was! 27 years later he still can not find his clothes
Old 19 Jan 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We got married in Brougham Terrace Registry office in Liverpool in 1975...its not there anymore.
It was January and the weather was as bad as it was today.
As I walked out of the house my hat blew off and went down the road...70s hat and trouser suit!...step father had to run and get it and got drenched.
We finally arrived and I saw husband to be getting in a taxi and driving off...I just did not want to go inside with all those people...but it turned out he had forgot the form you needed when you marry from a different area!
The taxi had to stop because if the rain as the window wipers would not work and the driver could not see.. so that made him very late and the registrar said to me if he is not back soon it will have to be cancelled!
I can still remember having that lump in my throat that you get when you try to stop crying.
Finally got married in a room with the most gaudy flower wallpaper.
The photos were all inside because of the weather.
When we got to the hall...the ladies that were doing the food were waiting for the caretaker to open up who had not arrived...so we all waited again.
Got drenched again!
When inside..no one thought to bring vases for the flowers on the table so they were just left.
And lots of other things...I was only 18 and did not enjoy it one bit..I laugh about it now though.
Everytime I go on the train to Liverpool I see the same hall...and it feels as bad now as it did then.
We did renew our vows on our 25th wedding anniversary on the Grand Princess in the Caribbean...so I do have some decent photos now!
We will be married 46 years on the 25th of this month.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My hubby holding my wedding dress up to help me wee. It was a massive dress.

Also going to bed at 10pm as we had a mid week wedding and everyone had left by about 9 am just being together and not being able to stop smiling.

Also my hubby is chicken nugget obsessed so I got him a surprise starter of just chicken nuggets

he loved it lol

GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
We have been married 40 yrs in September and every second of it was a highlight

We are 40 years in October ❤️
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Love those centerpieces! We've gone for one big and one little also!
The pictures don't do them justice. We only had 5 tables - three with large centrepieces and two small.

I had nothing to do with the organising - as a good husband my task was just to turn up!
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

On March 30, 1974 at 3 pm, Mrs T and myself were married in Ipswich.

It was a memorable day plus Ipswich beat Coventry 3-0 at Portman Road!

Also remember after the meal etc all the men walked over the road to the pub for a good drink while the women cleared away the plates etc and washed up before the evening disco!
Old 24 Jan 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The organist hitting several wrong keys during Here Comes the bride!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Married at the Wedding Chapel of Kissimmee in the morning followed by a wedding meal of Orange Chicken in the Belz food court & a night at Pleasure Island (Fireworks bar I seem to remember). Just the two of us and our son/best man !

Pick any part for most memorable. 25th anniversary was last November.