Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jan 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Question Gallstones / Gallbladder ** Update Page 2**

I suppose i'm looking for sympathy - advice and support with this one.

I have been having severe pain in the middle of my upper rib cage (between my breasts) with pain spreading to the right and down and aching mid lower back in the kidney area.

I took myself to A&E on Tuesday and they ran bloods, the result being ok, but my inflammatory markers where raised but not considered too high. I am currently waiting for a scan appointment.

I have pain when I take a deep breath, kind of takes my breath away. and on and off pain the almost all day ( and all night) been trying to rest and manage the pain with Buscopan and paracetamol. Eating small meals frequently and lots of water.

I'm fed up, this has been going on since 2nd Jan with little or no respite.

Do these symptoms sound like gall stones to anyone who had had experience?

If it is stones, and they show on a scan, how do they remove them?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any advice offered.

Tanya x

Edited at 11:19 PM.
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bardo76
Excited about Disney

Hi the scan will defiantly show them, I had lots of little ones in the gall bladder, so had to have the whole gall bladder removed, it was a day surgery they put me out for the operation by key hole , i only have little scars now, has long has you can drink, eat, and go to the toilet they let you go. It took about 3-4 weeks to get fully right but after a day too was able to get about . I initially thought i had bad indigestion more often than not I woke up in the early hours doubled over and got loads of pillows to prop me up so i could get some sleep but then by morning i was ok I was taking indigestion liquid hot baths and the pain was in between my breast to the right . I had this for about 3 years on and of before I went to the doctors , but its the best thing I have done . Hope all goes well for you, I feel your pain.

Edited at 10:12 PM.
bardo76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I had gallstones for four years which was initially diagnosed as trapped wind at A&E. The pain was horrific, I used to pour with sweat and nothing eased it. I thought I was being a drama queen and put up with it until one night of constant pain for around 14 hours. After the doctor rolled her eyes she sent me for a scan where they announced my gallbladder was full of stones and they’d been there for years :angry:.

My pain was central, around my breadt bone and I also had a very painful right arm. I don’t think that’s the norm though as I was also referred for an endoscopy as they thought I may also have had an ulcer.

The gallbladder removal op was straightforward. One night in hospital, no pain relief required afterwards and back at work in a week.

Good luc, I hope you get some relief soon.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hello I can sympathise with the pain of gallstones if that is what you have.
My experience was chest and abdominal pain that ranged from niggling to severe. If it is gallstones cut as much fat/fatty foods out of your diet As possible as this will relieve the symptoms. I hope you get a scan soon to clarify... it was blood tests for me that initially pointed to this as they showed that my liver function was abnormal... another indication of gallbladder problems.

Hope you get some relief soon take care
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
I had gallstones for four years which was initially diagnosed as trapped wind at A&E. The pain was horrific, I used to pour with sweat and nothing eased it. I thought I was being a drama queen and put up with it until one night of constant pain for around 14 hours. After the doctor rolled her eyes she sent me for a scan where they announced my gallbladder was full of stones and they’d been there for years :angry:.

My pain was central, around my breadt bone and I also had a very painful right arm. I don’t think that’s the norm though as I was also referred for an endoscopy as they thought I may also have had an ulcer.

The gallbladder removal op was straightforward. One night in hospital, no pain relief required afterwards and back at work in a week.

Good luc, I hope you get some relief soon.
They are also thinking it may be an ulcer, which I hope is incorrect, not good family history in that department... funny you say about your right arm, I've had pain in my right shoulder on and off for a few weeks.
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Hello I can sympathise with the pain of gallstones if that is what you have.
My experience was chest and abdominal pain that ranged from niggling to severe. If it is gallstones cut as much fat/fatty foods out of your diet As possible as this will relieve the symptoms. I hope you get a scan soon to clarify... it was blood tests for me that initially pointed to this as they showed that my liver function was abnormal... another indication of gallbladder problems.

Hope you get some relief soon take care
They checked liver function on Tuesday and that was fine.

My GP on Monday suggested it could be a pulled muscle, but i think its too sporadic to be that.
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just been diagnosed with one large stone just before Christmas. I’ve been getting pain not regularly for about 4 years, sometimes maybe months between attack’s. But before Christmas I had 2 in one week & both lasted over 6 hours which made me go to the doctor. She suspected gallstones straight away, and referred me for a scan. Got the results a few weeks ago that shows one large one. I’m undecided what to do about it, though she’s referred me to speak with the surgeon,this can take up to 6 months so I’ve that time to decide. Good luck with the scan.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I’ve just been diagnosed with one large stone just before Christmas. I’ve been getting pain not regularly for about 4 years, sometimes maybe months between attack’s. But before Christmas I had 2 in one week & both lasted over 6 hours which made me go to the doctor. She suspected gallstones straight away, and referred me for a scan. Got the results a few weeks ago that shows one large one. I’m undecided what to do about it, though she’s referred me to speak with the surgeon,this can take up to 6 months so I’ve that time to decide. Good luck with the scan.
Thank you, good luck to you with your decision. If they offer me i'll certainly opt for removal the way I feel today. I'm worn out from the pain and discomfort.
Old 11 Jan 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had 2 types of pain; abdominal pain that was not nice but just about manageable and felt like a tight band around my body, but particularly on the right side, that would last for several hours and awful, awful pain which felt like it was all over my abdomen (but was probably on the right side too) that I couldn’t cope with. I had keyhole surgery as a day case and it was easy. I felt fine the next day and was moving around as normal 2 days later.
Old 11 Jan 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I have gallstones, many of them apparently, the sonograhper said it isn’t like a gravel pit lol
I rarely have a severe attack, maybe once a year, but what I do have is an almost constant dull ache. Worse if I bend over, like it catches on my ribs iykwim? Exercise and heavy housework makes it really sore.
The latest research suggests avoiding a low fat diet. The gall bladder is a pulsating organ. If you are not exercising it (by releasing the bile acid when digesting fats) then the gallbladder stones increase in size and are not passed whilst they are small.
They get a lot worse when I am sticking to SW, as many other sw followers also report. Not that my gp wanted to believe it, she wanted to think I drink a vat of fat every meal...

Edited at 11:30 AM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List