Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Oct 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Cold calls...

Do you ever have a bit of naughty fun with the pesky cold callers... ?
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Yes I tell them I will just get her for you now... then walk away from the phone
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Yes I tell them I will just get her for you now... then walk away from the phone
Hahaha, who is holding the record for the most patient!?
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

To be fair they all give up pretty quickly 😀😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
hollypop
Very Serious Dibber

I was with a friend once who took a call on loudspeaker from someone calling about the accident she had. "Yes, great, which one?" she replied. "Umm... the accident you had recently?" "I've had a few, which one specifically are you calling about?" They swiftly hung up after that.

Edited at 10:59 PM.
hollypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Connies Mummy
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Yes me I love to play how long can I waste the scammers time. My record is 25 minutes, it involved me having to fetch my laptop, wait for it to turn on, update, answer the door to a washing machine delivery, still wait for the long update, access the special screen they wanted and then say oh no a big blue screen just popped up saying scammer scammer scammer, they hung up after calling me a bad word! All the while I was sitting on the sofa played a game of candy crush, made a nice cup of tea, updated Facebook status and got friends to give me ideas to keep on wasting their time!

I have a particular hate of the ones that are obvious scammers after my parents got conned out of their hard earned cash, so it’s a mission, while I’ve got them on the line they can’t swindle anyone else!
Connies Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post

No, I always try to be nice. That is likely to be a young person, somebody’s son or daughter who cannot find other work and is earning very little. Why would I be nasty to them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Don’t get them anymore since we bought a BT call blocker phone. If it is on the mobile I just don’t answer if I don’t recognise the number.

As Claudette says these are just people trying to earn a living. No need to be nasty to anyone is there !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JoeA

Mobile

I would never be rude or nasty, a few harmless pranks are ok I’m sure, haha.

In actual fact, some of the cold callers I have encountered have been downright disgraceful, in a calm and friendly tone I simply asked them to remove me off their call list and not to call me again.

The chap went furious, he said some truly disgusting things, then rang me every night for a week.

Lots of companies use cold call sales, and I’m sure that some are genuine business practices with genuine people working there.

However cold calls are also the start of scams and businesses that have very seedy operations, the people that work there know what’s going on, and to me, they are fair game for as much time wasting and any other pranks you may have.
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
They really make my day. I'm gutted I dont get many on the landline anymore so hope they ring my mobile.

My favourite one when they ask about the accident issue is to tell them it was terrible and so embarassing.

When their interest is raised I tell them the accident was in my favourite trousers.

Normally followed by a deathly silence from them and then various expletives.
Losers.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List