Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Sep 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Will we really not use all our snack credits?

I think I currently feel how a lot of people have felt before their trip, I'm wondering how it's possible that we won't run out of snack credits and we will have loads left.

We like to eat our way around food and wine festival and I have a long list of treats I want to try. Last time we loved getting the Starbucks drinks like Acai refresher.

Should I use all the credits first before thinking of paying out of pocket for cheaper snacks and drinks?

Your experiences would be appreciated!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I think it depends on how many of you there are and for how long. We were 4 for 2 weeks and so had an enormous amount of credits, we had snack credits and QS meal credits left over and we weren’t buying anything out of pocket.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

When you factor in that you are pretty much full from the meals that you are also eating it is difficult to fit so many snacks in
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

There's just two of us, staying 10 nights with QSDP.

We are planning 3 breakfasts and 3 evening meals out.

Thanks!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We are also with 4 people and have 8 snacks a day!
We try to use all 8 each day, if we don't we try to eat them asap.
At the end of our holiday (14nights) we still have snack credits left over.
We bring a few bags of goofy's candy co to take home, and after a few months they are still in our cupboard.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I think it depends on which dining plan you have and the ages of your party.

We have had snack credits left over when doing DDP, mainly because you get a dessert with your TS meal. If we were on QSDP we would inevitably use snacks for that In the evening...meaning only 1 other snack credit in the day which we would easily use.

Also if you have small children, sometimes 2 snacks per day is too much for them.

Plus we share adult QS credits so can have some left sometimes through this
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You might use your snacks, you might not. It’s very difficult to predict until you’re there and know how you feel. Using them at F&W seems like you’d use loas but we often have to stop after 4 or 5 things! I would aim to use snacks first then pay for anything later if you do run out.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I think in your case it will be easier to get though the credits esp if you are making the most of the food & wine festival and enjoy a starbucks or 2.
When I went for a week with ds being just 2 of us we used our snack credits no problem it was the qs credits I struggled to use as we usually ended up sharing a meal as he doesn't eat much. If we had had a meal each I don't think we would have many if any credits left over.
I think the more of you there are and the longer you stay the harder it is to use all the credits.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I would always recommend using the credits first and pay out of pocket if you run out. After a few days you will get an idea of how many you are using and if you need to cut back or are on target.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I use all mine without any problems. I use them on cold drinks and fresh fruit with the occasional Dole Whip Float. A lot of people say using them on cold drinks isn't a good use of them but to me buying loads of sweets and chocolate at the end of the trip just to use them up isn't a good use of them. But we're all different

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List